DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases

Notices

Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases News regarding the Dodge Ram and other industry info. Post it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/silver trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:63
TRCM will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
Raptor 6.2's are running high 14's to low 15's. How do you come up with it being the most powerful 1/2 ton? Had it come available in a rcsb, maybe then you could lay claim to that comment. Better do something with your lightning if that's all it can do. I ran two with my rcsb/3.92 gears and ran several ecoboos just as fast...all easy wins.They are good trucks for 4 wheeling, and they look pretty tough but they are too heavy to lay claim to the most powerful 1/2 ton. It's about a 2,000 lb disadvantage for that. And before you say anything stupid I'm surrounded by 2012 Raptor and ecoboost friends as well as 5.0 CC's. I think the Raptor is a good looking truck but pricey, non the less it's a little on the heavy side. I wouldn't mind having a rcsb 6.2 but that's not going to happen. I prefer the 6.2 over the Coyote 5.0, but I also prefer the 6.4 hemi over the 6.2...go figure. I would like to see Chrys produce a few Ram Runners to compare trucks and prices but I don't think that's going to happen either. Chrysler needs an old schooler like Ed Hamburger or Gary Stanton to at least assist Giles who know's or cares nothing about what the consumer wants. If he did there would not be encrypted pcms and 470hp 392's capable of easy 525hp numbers. Now they're going to embarrass us with a measly 570 hp SC 392, I can only imagine what's next. How's that Viper GTSR doing mister Giles...win any races yet...kill any vettes?

There is a difference betwen powerful and fastest.

The raptor is the most powerful, in that it has 21 more HP. The Ram is 2nd.

Not sure on what is fastest.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
08Hemi91 is on a distinguished road

Awsome mopar or no car!
Old 09-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Express
Color: Silver
OlGrizz is on a distinguished road

Lots of good points made. Interesting thread for sure. I personally don't like Ford trucks. I've had 3 new F150s in the past. Decnt but nothing special. They are just too butt ugly for me at the moment. Just wondering if there is a turbo 1500 Ram in the cards in the future. We just bought my wife a little Chevy Cruze turbo 4 cyl. Pretty sweet for a little fart car. Lets boost a 5.7 and line up for the quarter next to an Eco Boost Ford. I'd like to see it.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Edgethis is on a distinguished road

Wow, this thread is full of blind brand loyalty and other brand bashing. The raptor and the ram Runner are both amazing trucks, hoewever I agree that it isnt a fair comparision as the Raptor is OEM and the Runner is an aftermarket parts goldmine.

The ecoboost is a great engine but its meant as a smaller displacement fuel efficient motor with the power of a bigger motor, not something you compare against a 3/4 ton truck, come on guys.

The new 6.2 Raptor would be a very good match up with the ram runner if it recieved the same amount of aftermarket love. Only then I feel woulf we have a fair contest.

In the end tho, the Ram Runner beat the Raptor in that match up. Interpret it however you want.