DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab SLT
Color: Maroon
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
Omaste is on a distinguished road
Default I was supposed to get my new to me 2003 Ram this week...

I was to go to Milwaukee this week and get my 2003 Ram. My daughter and her husband bought a new White 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab with most of the bells and whistles including the HEMI 10 days ago. Before my son in law was to go to work today he put his 14 month old daughter in the truck and off to Walmart they went. While going down 27th WHAM! he got hit by a guy that had no drivers license! He was driving his dad's Mercedes (sp). The guy went to jail and the Ram got towed home. Front fender was against the tire. I'm concerned about the other guys insurance. I don't know if they will cover this accident. The reason I say this is because years ago my mom lent her car to a person she had known for many years. The person always drove to work, so everyone thought he had a license. Well he borrowed the car during lunch, and got in an accident.
Mom said that because she lent her car to someone that had no license the insurance company said they didn't have to cover any damages. Mom got sued. I wonder if this could happen to the Ram? Ryan has $1,000.00 deductible. Sooo, they will be keeping my Ram until theirs get fixed. Probably in a few weeks. I forgot to mention that both daddy, and baby are ok. Rescue checked out my granddaughter and said she was ok.

Last edited by Omaste; 09-25-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST quad cab 4wd
Color: Red
steve57 is on a distinguished road

Glad everyone was okay.
Wisconsin does require uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage; that means you do not have to independently assume the risk of being involved in an accident with an uninsured/underinsured motorist.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Z funambulist

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:3227
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Omaste- Not sure about Wis., but I'm in N.Y. and had a similar situation. Had a one year old truck in 2002. Took a loan on it, so I was required to get full coverage (glass and everything). While parked in front of my old house overnight, a drunk A-hole rear-ended it and drove away. The trail of parts led the police to him the next day. Anyway, called my insurance co. and they said "Don't worry, get an estimate and get it fixed" Wow, I thought, that went smooth. They paid, and it got fixed. Come to find out from a buddy in the insurance biz, When you have full coverage, they pay you for your truck, then they go after HIS insurance co. to get their money. (I'm sure they do not give them any run-around!) Anyway, if your kids took a loan on a new truck, check this out with their insurer. And finally, glad all of your loved ones are o.k.!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab SLT
Color: Maroon
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Omaste is on a distinguished road

Was I ever surprised! In less than 24 hours after the accident a tow truck showed up at their house, and off to the body shop the Ram went. Everyone dreads the first scratch, well they no longer have to be concerned about that. It is figured that there are about 28,000 unlicensed drivers in Wisconsin. They don't have much to fear. When my son was a Police Officer here (before going to the Eau Claire Wisconsin area) it used to really piss him off when he would pull someone over and give him/her a citation for driving without a license. He said he had been in the Police Department, and that person would drive in, park in the P.D. lot, walk in, pay the citation, walk back out to their car and drive away! He got so mad that he wrote a letter to the Gov. He said "why can't we at least impound their vehicle?" The Gov said "if we did that, it would be a inconvenience for the person driving." So, if they have no license, they can't get insurance, which is also a must have law. Last week a lady here did a hit and run on a squad car. She had to stop when her hood blew open. She also had no license or insurance.