DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that down in the fill tube, there is an Anti Siphon device

I believe that you can see most all of the fill tube by looking between the outside sheet metal & the frame
look for a kinked hose

I don't know about now, but it used to be that you took out 2 screws just inside the fill cap door & 1 or 2 more closer to where the tank & fill tube connect. Then you just pull the fill tube right out at the fuel door
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 09-27-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:178
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about

The 2010 I had had a similar problem from day 1. The dealer ended up replacing my tank under warranty, but I am sure yours is over the warranty coverage period.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
Mophead is on a distinguished road

Had my brand new 2500 do that. When I looked underneath for vent lines I found a black tube running from the top of the back of the tank to a big (2x2x1) vapor recovery system next to the transfer case. That black tube was kinked. When I moved the kink out of it, she accepted fuel.

The rest of the story.. It turns out mfg have gotten away from fuel hose and now use this black tubing instead. It's much lighter weight and I'm sure much cheaper. Yeah cheaper....It does say "fuel" on the side, so I assume it is specially rated for it. The problem is this is very thin walled and once it gets a kink in it, it's always there. Mine was routed poorly thus createing to tight a bend and wala kink. Yours may have been installed properly and somehow came out of the clips and got a kink. (this may not be your actual case though I'd bet) The part that burns my ass is my salesman filled my truck up just prior to handing me the keys. He had to see the problem and didn't say word one. Then to make matters worse, when I took it back when I saw the problem they put it on the rack put therer hand on the part and ordered the wrong one. Make that ordered the wrong part 5 times after looking at it. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that the parts schematic is very inconclusive. Just poor customer service though. I still don't have it permanently repaired (I have it wire tied to keep the kink out) because I don't want to deal with the dumbshit. When I do take it back they are gonna order every part on the schematic or I'm going to Ram. I'm glad it isn't a line thats under pressure. Actually kinda wish the thing would burn to the ground so they'd have to give me a new one. not really.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

When i went to buy my locking tailgate, the parts dept. ordered the correct handle, but not the actual part that causes it to lock

My Service Writer went with me to look at the inside of the tailgate
He took a picture
while he was taking off the tailgate access panel
i found a Laramie that had a locking tailgate on the sales lot
he took off that Rams access panel & took pictures

Then we walked into the parts dept. & showed the parts guy the difference
He ordered the correct part,
The images on the parts dept. computer were blurred & the words were difficult to read
I could see how there may be a mix up

this is the main part of the LOCKING tailgate

same part, but for the NON Locking tailgate
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:10
persuazion is on a distinguished road

Weird,I went to try it out again today and filled the other half of the tank up with not one problem. Seems like it was a one time thing......hopefully.