DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

UNDERSTANDING TOE
When a pair of wheels is set so that their leading edges are pointed slightly towards each other, the wheel pair is said to have toe-in. If the leading edges point away from each other, the pair is said to have toe-out. read more on TOE, CASTER, & CAMBER
http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

They should have aligned it. I had a recall on a tie rod end on my 03 Jeep Liberty. They (A Chrysler Service Dept.) replaced the rod ends and aligned the front end all in one trip. 90k miles later my tires are stilll wearing perfectly and the Jeep still runs/rides like the day we bought it.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:02 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Your dealership is a joke, I'd be making a complaint. Find "yellow page" type sites for your area, and blast them on a review, then make a complaint to your better business bureau (or what ever the Canadian version is).

Anyone know the specifics of this recall? This is the first I heard of a tie rod recall on an '10. I don't have any problems with mine (that I know of) but......

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 09-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010
Rep:10
ultimateracing335 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
Your dealership is a joke, I'd be making a complaint. Find "yellow page" type sites for your area, and blast them on a review, then make a complaint to your better business bureau (or what ever the Canadian version is).

Anyone know the specifics of this recall? This is the first I heard of a tie rod recall on an '10. I don't have any problems with mine (that I know of) but......

Exco
Im going to look for the recall letter and post it.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:24 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Rep:178
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about
Default Recall for 2010 Ram

Here is what the recall said:

Report Date:
September 29, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Search Type:
VEHICLE

Make:
DODGE

Model:
RAM

Model Year:

Results : 1 |All records displayed

Make: DODGE
Model: RAM
Model Year: 2010
Manufacturer: CHRYSLER GROUP LLC
Report Receipt Date: DEC 24, 2010
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V657000
NHTSA Action Number: N/A

Component: STEERING:LINKAGES:TIE ROD ASSEMBLY
Summary:
CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2008-2011 DODGE RAM 4500 AND 5500 VEHICLES. THESE VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE A WEAKENING AND FRACTURE OF THE LEFT BALL STUD ON THE TIE ROD RESULTING IN THE POTENTIAL LOSS OF STEERING.

Consequence:
LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy:
CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE THE LEFT OUTER TIE ROD FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 7, 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Notes:
CHRYSLER SAFETY RECALL NO. K28. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Old 09-29-2012, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White w/silver trim
Rep:63
TRCM will become famous soon enough

That recall is only for 4500 & 5500 vehicles...what is yours ??
Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010
Rep:10
ultimateracing335 is on a distinguished road

My trucks a 1500.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:05 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I noticed that too but was wondering if it was a mistake. I didn't even know there was a Ram 4500 or 5500, lol. That's a little weird. Are we missing something? Why would they perform this recall on your 1500?

On a side note, I love how the that recall says "LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH." Really? You don't say. I would say loss of steering control makes a crash pretty $^*(^%@ likely, lol.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Chrysler does not pay for an alignment or toe reset after replacing the tie rod end for this recall. The reason for this is that the number of turns are to be counted when removing the old rod end and the same number of turns applied when the new one is installed. If the tech miscounted, you could end up with too much toe-in or toe-out. You also may have had an alignment issue before the recall was completed but this is now impossible to prove either way.