DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
PEIslandson is on a distinguished road
Default Hankook or Nitto????

I am about to order a set of LT275/65/20 for my leveled 2012 CC and I am on the fence between the Nitto Terra Grappler and the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10.

Can anyone on here tell me if one is any better than the other? IMO they both look good and have the same specs so mainly I would be looking for some info on treadwear.

Most of the reviews and comments seem to be by people who have just bought them and haven't put very many miles on them yet.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Light graystone metallic
Rep:12
maximus007 is on a distinguished road

From what I here the hankooks wear great!
Bilsteins set at 2.8, rcx1.25 bodylift,fuel krank wheels with 35in toyo at 2s, tinted windows, K&N drop in,14" Magnaflow muffler, Diablo Trinity 1000 hemifever tuned, airlift 1000s, 2500 fender flares color matched, spray in bed liner, moroso catch can, 180 t-stat
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue
Rep:133
fudrock will become famous soon enoughfudrock will become famous soon enough

I've posted about the Hankooks previously so I'm just going to copy/paste. I have no experience with the Nittos hower.

I can personally vouch for Hankook's Dynapro ATM RF10 tire. Best tire I've had on any vehicle. Period. I put a set of these on my 2wd Dakota and it changed how that truck handled in every possible way for the better.

You're worried about snow? These tires do not let go. Not once. Not ever. And I don't baby it in the snow either. I'm the lunatic that goes blowing by at 60 mph when everyone else is going 30.

These are very quiet on the pavement despite their aggressive look. They wear well and Hankook was(when I purchased them. not sure now) claiming 50k mile tread life. I recently traded my
Dakota and the Dynapros had 38k on them. I have no doubt there is at least another 15k on those tires before they need to be replaced.

I sound like a Hankook salesman...oi vey.

These tires were a new model when I bought them, so I did so with very little consumer feedback. Do a google search today and you'll find literally hundreds of positive reviews.

If I wasn't planning to lift my new Ram, I'd already have a set of the Dynapros on it. I haven't checked, but they might be a bit cheaper than the Nittos. Good luck and I hope this helps you out.
4" BDS Lift Kit w/ 3" Rear Coil Springs and Fox Shocks - Bilstein 5100 Shocks @ 2.1 - 20x9 XD Badlands -12 Offset - 35X12.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ - WeatherTec Digitalfit Floor Mats Front and Back - Bakflip VP - 18" Magnaflow Exhaust - Debadged - Smittybilt/NFAB Stainless Nerf Bars - - Bully Dog GT - 2013 OE Projectors - Cabin Air Filter
Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

I got my Nittos last year in November and have put about 17xxx miles on them and the tread is still great. If I can I'll try and get a picture up for you of what the tread is.

As for the tires themselves, I love them. I've had a lot of tire and wheel problems before on previous vehicles (don't even get me started with the stories) and I have had no problem with the Nittos since I got them. I needed them to be good in the snow as well as normal driving and they have done everything I have asked.

I love 'em!
-Full Custom Dual Exhaust by Big Power Racing - Inertia Crazy Jay Plus Cam -Pacesetter LTs - BFI Composite #83 - Inertia Custom Tune - Dual DMH Cutouts - 87mm TB - 180* t-stat-
Old 10-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:39
Mozeby is on a distinguished road

I just bought a second set of rims for the winter and have been shopping for AT's and came across a good deal on some General Grabber AT at Canadian Tire. Buy 3 get 1 free. Great looking tire and is available in a good range of sizes.