DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum

Notices

Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum Wax on, Wax off! Chat about anything that gives you Carpal Tunnel or Tennis Elbow in here! ;)

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Adams Tire shine, apply with a sponge applicator, doesn't fling off and lasts forever, best stuff I've ever used
Damn right!

Also not ALL tire dressing wil degrade and dry rot tires. Oil based tire dressing is the BIGGEST culprit of this and ALL oil based tire dressing will, over time, show visible damage to a tire's sidewall.

Water based tire dressing does NOT have the 'bling' that oil based dressings do but will NOT cause any sidewall tire damage. Case in point is the finest tire dressing I have tried: Adam's Super VRT.

it's quite simply the finest available.

Grub out!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
sterling archer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Damn right!

Also not ALL tire dressing wil degrade and dry rot tires. Oil based tire dressing is the BIGGEST culprit of this and ALL oil based tire dressing will, over time, show visible damage to a tire's sidewall.

Water based tire dressing does NOT have the 'bling' that oil based dressings do but will NOT cause any sidewall tire damage. Case in point is the finest tire dressing I have tried: Adam's Super VRT.

it's quite simply the finest available.

Hrm....interesting product....might have to grab a can and try it out...bit pricey though.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2589
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I have a car wash just around the corner
for $12 they vacuum the inside, hand scrub the grille, bumper, & wheels, run it through the machine, then clean the windows, inside & out, & use towels to completely dry everything off
For about $5 more, they use some tire shine & give the interior a quick wipe down

I don't know what the tire shine is, but it sure looks good, I don't know what they use, but seem to rub it into the rubber
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling archer View Post
Hrm....interesting product....might have to grab a can and try it out...bit pricey though.
Try it as you have absolutely nothing to lose.

Adam's Premium Car Care give a 100% money-back gaurantee with ALL their products. You use it, don't like it, give Ashley a call and they'll have your product picked up with a COMPLETE refund.

BTW, it's not a can but rather a bottle that's applied to an applicator then spread onto the surface intended [it's NOT just for tires]. I use it on my Ram's steps, bed rail covers, spoiler skirt, etc

Grub out!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:887
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

get a water based product and apply with a tire applicator.

the sling is from the silicone based products...

PB bold and bright is a decent cheaper option, or you can look into Optimum Opti Bond tire Gel. Great product, but a little more pricey.

If your looking for something OTC available at most auto parts stores look in to Duragloss...again on the inexpensive side but an absolutely great product.
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:887
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammD View Post
How can Meguiar's put their name on a product that doesn't fully SET INTO THE TIRES and that can sling onto a 6 hour wax job or even a still time consuming 90 min quicker detail? That is really crazy.
Megs has far superior products available than the dressing youre not happy with here...

Try Meguiars Hyper dressing, or Megs silicone free dressing. youre not going to find them in aerosol cans at Walmart, but they are more of the professional or detailing line of Megs products. You will be happier upgrading to the professional or detailers line of the products, but your going to have to likely acquire them from a detail supply shop, and not autozone type places.
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: True Blue Pearlcoat
Rep:79
Scotty85 will become famous soon enough

I've tried almost all the products listed in this thread. I still keep going back to Surf City Garage's Beyond Black Tire Pro. Best stuff that I've ever used. Looks semi-shiny when it's dry, doesn't sling, and lasts me for anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or so. Even though they recommend spraying it on the tire directly, I prefer to spray it heavily on a rag and wipe the tires down with it. After a bit, I'll go back and buff them a bit.

Body Mods - http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?p=1005083

Last edited by Scotty85; 02-07-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram factory order
Trim Level: ST
Color: BLACK
Rep:256
HOTRODHARLEY is a jewel in the roughHOTRODHARLEY is a jewel in the roughHOTRODHARLEY is a jewel in the rough

Best products bar none... And the process...

1.) Wash and clean the tires with a quality degreaser like Castrol Superclean
2.) Dry tires with compressed air
3.) Apply "Griots Garage Rubber Prep" with a clean foam sponge applicator and let dry
4.) Apply "Chemical Guys Natural Shine Dressing" with another clean foam sponge applicator
5.) Enjoy the beautiful satin finish new tire look with no "slinging" or "tire rot"

I've also had good luck with "Mothers Reflections Advanced Tire Care" as well as "JAX WAX Super Blue Tire Dressing"

This is a tried and true process I came up with and trust me it works
Belltech 3"/5" Lowering kit. Belltech Rear Swaybar, Flowmaster Y Pipe, Custom 4" Single Exhaust w/ 4" Race Magnaflow, 22" SRT10 Wheels, Moroso Catch Can, Undercover SE Tonneau Cover, Weathertech Techliner Bedliner, Diablosport Trinity w/ Hemifever Tune