DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
TaderzNgravy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMango2010 View Post
13.7 was my best time with the race trim. Street trim like CHVYKLR was 14.1. My tune still leaves a bit to be desired. After talking with MGH I was able to get the 13.7. The slip that CHVYKLR posted was me on the left side, not one of my better runs.

Not sure how much of a difference it makes but my water to air intercooler was completely empty and the pump for it done gone and melted. Noticed that this morning after seeing a mysterious coolant spot in the driveway.
Do you have a stock trans? Get ahold of MGH about getting the tune, Josh leaves the trans tuning to Mike. The refined trans tune was used on Gabe's truck for the shake down runs with a stock transmission with surprising results. I also heard about the tune RIPP gave you for the transmission.... we'll file that under just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaderzNgravy View Post
Man thats a nice looking wheel/tire mounted on your truck, I wonder whos truck they came off of.....

I already posted over on dt, but I'll say it again. Congrats on the truck and try not to get too many tickets.

That being said, who's next? If we don't have a project in the shop we start to get antsy.... nothing good comes from being antsy.

yeah we'll see how it goes with trying to keep my foot out of it...I try to use cruise control more often.

I really hope someone else gives Mike a call about building another turbo. I can't post enough pics (pics don't do it justice anyway) or put into words his attention to detail and build quality.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to get a setup just like yours turbos, transmission, and all if I had the funds!

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post
yeah we'll see how it goes with trying to keep my foot out of it...I try to use cruise control more often.

I really hope someone else gives Mike a call about building another turbo. I can't post enough pics (pics don't do it justice anyway) or put into words his attention to detail and build quality.
Whats the point of keeping your foot out of it? We didn't bulletproof it so you can use cruise control!

I agree, we need to get some more turbo rams out there. I think everyone is scared that the 545 isn't going to last, but i can assure you guys that Mike has it figured out. His truck sees way harder miles than any other truck on here, hands down. He was running the truck so hard on the way home from Philly one day that he made himself sick. I have yet to get a phone call asking for a ride and to bring a trailer.

We have a single turbo 2wd truck and a twin turbo 4wd truck. Who wants to be the first single 4wd or twin 2wd?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM

CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
I would love to get a setup just like yours turbos, transmission, and all if I had the funds!
You just gotta shoot MGH a PM and talk goals and cost...tell him what you want. There are a LOT of options for everything.

Quote:
Whats the point of keeping your foot out of it? We didn't bulletproof it so you can use cruise control!

I agree, we need to get some more turbo rams out there. I think everyone is scared that the 545 isn't going to last, but i can assure you guys that Mike has it figured out. His truck sees way harder miles than any other truck on here, hands down. He was running the truck so hard on the way home from Philly one day that he made himself sick. I have yet to get a phone call asking for a ride and to bring a trailer.

We have a single turbo 2wd truck and a twin turbo 4wd truck. Who wants to be the first single 4wd or twin 2wd?
Haha. I meant keep my foot out it so I don't get any tickets not cause I'm worried about anything breaking. You guys built a sweet setup and all the clutches and billet triplelock are awesome. I already shot Moe's a message about ordering some tires soon...I don't think these will make it to the end of the month.

I didn't get to drive it at all today. Too much stuff for the move and plus it's been raining

Last edited by CHVYKLR; 10-07-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Graphite
Rep:21
FrostKing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree, we need to get some more turbo rams out there. I think everyone is scared that the 545 isn't going to last, but i can assure you guys that Mike has it figured out. His truck sees way harder miles than any other truck on here, hands down.
I would wait a year before being so confident. This is a battle that has been ongoing for nearly 10 years by trucks being abused for more than a month or two. Although major progress has been made, I don't think the end is near. (well the 545 based tranny's production is likely coming to an end, finally)

Sold: 2003 RCSB 2WD
6.4L Hemi - Turbocharged, Alcohol, Nitrous
Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostKing View Post
I would wait a year before being so confident. This is a battle that has been ongoing for nearly 10 years by trucks being abused for more than a month or two. Although major progress has been made, I don't think the end is near. (well the 545 based tranny's production is likely coming to an end, finally)
Na I'll stick with being cocky since I know the sh*t works. The newest version of L&M's 545 has been in Mike's truck since May. At 36 miles, 5 days a week, for the last 24 weeks, works out to be about 4320 miles of hell. Not to mention spirited part runs. If there is anyone qualified to break this transmission, its him. Worst case, he breaks it and we find a way to improve.... but we haven't seen any indications of that thus far..
Old 10-09-2012, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

I wanna be the first single 4wd. Just not enough funding
Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Not to be a prick but just gotta say this.....do you guys really think you're the FIRST one to do this stuff? For every turbo ram(in whatever combination) on the forums there's probably 5 not on the forums.

Just saying...

I agree with the others I'd love to have mine turbo'd but don't have the funding...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 PM

I never claimed to be the first.