DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Hemi Crew Cab
Trim Level: RT
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
Tubbs1 is on a distinguished road
Default Headers

Folks I am looking to put a good set of performance headers on my 2012. I am looking for some solid input and what you all think is best for the 5.7L Hemi. I am currently having trouble even finding a set that will fit so if you all know where to look and what to look for I value all of your input. Thank you very much and have a great one !!
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs1 View Post
Folks I am looking to put a good set of performance headers on my 2012. I am looking for some solid input and what you all think is best for the 5.7L Hemi. I am currently having trouble even finding a set that will fit so if you all know where to look and what to look for I value all of your input. Thank you very much and have a great one !!

There are a few here that have added Headers to there Ram's, go to the complete build section and do a search, you should come up with some info, I am sure if you PM the guys that put them on, they will be happy to give you more info on what they installed
Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:22
FromFordtoRAM is on a distinguished road

I think JBA are the only option for the 2012 at the moment. BBK is working on theirs, but they've been saying two weeks for 6 weeks! Plus they only fit 2WD. Go to Autoanything and punch in headers to the search box. I've been looking into this a lot lately but am to worried about my warranty. :-(Good luck.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 BIG HORN Crew4x4
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:10
manndhb3 is on a distinguished road
Default JBA Shorty Headers

I have the JBA Shorty Headers on my 12 RAM and have no problems at all even without being able to tune. As far as warranty goes, it all depends on the dealer. They should only void exhaust warranty. I reccomend the Magnaflow Y Pipe while you are there. I got both installed at an ASE shop here in town and paid 250 with warranty if the gaskets should ever blow out. I could have done it myself as I am an Army mechanic, but I feel like the cash is well worth it to not have to deal with the PITA install. If you would like pics or a vid let me know through PM.

Edit: As someone else mentioned, AutoAnything is the place to get them. They have the one year price match and free shipping. Hit up Clark@AutoAnything and he will get you a deal.

JBA Shorty Headers, Magnaflow Y Pipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler, K&N 63 Series CAI, AirAid Throttle Body Spacer, Retrofit Cabin Air Filter, Mopar RAM Slush Mats, Hypertech Calibrator, Stubby Antenna, DeeZee Tailgate, Debadged, Westin Step Bars, Westin Bull Bar, Putco Chrome Mirror Covers, Rampage LED Light Bar, Truxedo Rollup Tonneau, Rhino Lining, Bushwacker Color Matched Fender Flares, Rough Country 3.75 Combo Lift, 35x1250 MTs, Remote Start, Sunroof
Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Bender is on a distinguished road

I am wanting to do some exhaust work on mine too, but am a bit concerned about how this thing is gonna sound with the cylinder deactivation gizmo kicked in.

Anyone?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:25 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 BIG HORN Crew4x4
manndhb3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I am wanting to do some exhaust work on mine too, but am a bit concerned about how this thing is gonna sound with the cylinder deactivation gizmo kicked in.

Anyone?

No doubt it is extremely annoying, but worth the gains...If I remember Ill take a video of how it sounds while on my way home tonight.

JBA Shorty Headers, Magnaflow Y Pipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler, K&N 63 Series CAI, AirAid Throttle Body Spacer, Retrofit Cabin Air Filter, Mopar RAM Slush Mats, Hypertech Calibrator, Stubby Antenna, DeeZee Tailgate, Debadged, Westin Step Bars, Westin Bull Bar, Putco Chrome Mirror Covers, Rampage LED Light Bar, Truxedo Rollup Tonneau, Rhino Lining, Bushwacker Color Matched Fender Flares, Rough Country 3.75 Combo Lift, 35x1250 MTs, Remote Start, Sunroof
Old 10-10-2012, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: Sport
Color: black
midcap is on a distinguished road

Until we can get dyno tunes on out trucks, the bolt ons won't be as effective as they could be. In the meantime, buy up all the goodies and then get your truck dyno tuned when it's possible.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Tradesman
Rep:11
kmease is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by manndhb3 View Post
I could have done it myself as I am an Army mechanic
Oh really... you a bravo?