DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
Wonder if the OP will return to see all the responses in this thread?
This one doesn't matter much. I'd like him to check his other thread and answer the questions there. I'd also like him to explain why it's so terrible that he did not get the treatment that he himself did not offer to anyone else here.

I hope this thread gets read my all the members (responding is optional).

This forum is made up of 38,000+ people with a common passion; Ram Trucks. Most of the members own at least one, but not all do. Being a passionate about a Ram does not mean you must own one.

The forum members are all just like you and have a real life somewhere (although that subject can be debated) and a real job (also can be debated) and are not on 24/7 (OK....some are!) The members have a diverse set of experiences and capabilities. Some are great with wrenches, others not so much.

If you ask a question and don't get an answer right away, maybe, just maybe the person with the answer you seek has not been on since you posted it. Of maybe they are wading through the 860,000+ posts looking for your question.....that you posted in the wrong section.

Maybe you noticed that 350 people red your question and didn't respond and that is really pushing your bad mood button. Ever think that maybe your question is so good....so difficult that only a handful of members are even capable of understanding it let alone have a good answer. Maybe those 350 that didn't know, did not what to clutter up your thread with posts the stated "Good Luck".

If you don't like the responses (or lack there of), consider reading your own post and ask yourself "does this make sense to me?" AND "Would this make sense to me if I had never seen this truck?" If you don't see the issue, ask one of your friends here if they think you need to re-phrase or add info to your question.

You also have the option of asking a Member Relations Manager for their assistance/opinion. These members have accepted the call to help other members get the most out of the forum and will be more then happy to help you anyway they can. But remember, they may not have the expertise you are looking for, so may offer a posting option that has a better chance of yielding the results you want.

Forums like this are very powerful information centers. Just DO NOT FORGET that they are made up entirely of people just like you! Ask your self - "Did I try to help someone today?"

I ask that question of myself every day. Some days the answer is NO. I'm doing my best to make every day a YES. I doubt I will achieve that goal, but I'm barn well going to try. The Z has given so much that it's the least I can do in return.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 1500 reg cab
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:155
99gp has a spectacular aura about99gp has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
This one doesn't matter much. I'd like him to check his other thread and answer the questions there. I'd also like him to explain why it's so terrible that he did not get the treatment that he himself did not offer to anyone else here.

I hope this thread gets read my all the members (responding is optional).

This forum is made up of 38,000+ people with a common passion; Ram Trucks. Most of the members own at least one, but not all do. Being a passionate about a Ram does not mean you must own one.

The forum members are all just like you and have a real life somewhere (although that subject can be debated) and a real job (also can be debated) and are not on 24/7 (OK....some are!) The members have a diverse set of experiences and capabilities. Some are great with wrenches, others not so much.

If you ask a question and don't get an answer right away, maybe, just maybe the person with the answer you seek has not been on since you posted it. Of maybe they are wading through the 860,000+ posts looking for your question.....that you posted in the wrong section.

Maybe you noticed that 350 people red your question and didn't respond and that is really pushing your bad mood button. Ever think that maybe your question is so good....so difficult that only a handful of members are even capable of understanding it let alone have a good answer. Maybe those 350 that didn't know, did not what to clutter up your thread with posts the stated "Good Luck".

If you don't like the responses (or lack there of), consider reading your own post and ask yourself "does this make sense to me?" AND "Would this make sense to me if I had never seen this truck?" If you don't see the issue, ask one of your friends here if they think you need to re-phrase or add info to your question.

You also have the option of asking a Member Relations Manager for their assistance/opinion. These members have accepted the call to help other members get the most out of the forum and will be more then happy to help you anyway they can. But remember, they may not have the expertise you are looking for, so may offer a posting option that has a better chance of yielding the results you want.

Forums like this are very powerful information centers. Just DO NOT FORGET that they are made up entirely of people just like you! Ask your self - "Did I try to help someone today?"

I ask that question of myself every day. Some days the answer is NO. I'm doing my best to make every day a YES. I doubt I will achieve that goal, but I'm barn well going to try. The Z has given so much that it's the least I can do in return.
Nice post brad. I also try and help someone on here daily.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I usually just confuse someone daily

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Hello and goodbye cmeaney. Sorry you quit so soon. Your first post was back in 9-17-2012 I think? Since you went ahead to say EVERYONE HERE likes to just look, then I guess you have passed judgement on all of us. The unfortunate thing is you never took pics and posted them as two forum members tried asking you for. A better understanding of what you were looking at could have become a bit clearer for some if you had posted pics. As far as I gathered from your initial thread on this one, my question for you would be, "Did any of these electrical problems you described occur at any time before you lent your truck to your friend for a week?" If not, I would ask you to ask your friend in more detail as to when it started for him. Anyways, I would like to generalize a moment on your forum name as you have generalized on EVERYONE here. My question for you is; "Is the real meaning behind your forum name short for "Chrysler Meaney?" Thank you, and goodnite........
Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 08 Ram
Trim Level: 1500 Big Horn
Color: Electric Blue Pearl
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:119
ICEMAN99TURBO will become famous soon enoughICEMAN99TURBO will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ICEMAN99TURBO Send a message via Yahoo to ICEMAN99TURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
Wonder if the OP will return to see all the responses in this thread?
With a short fuse as such.... does it even matter?
Old 10-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2463
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN99TURBO View Post
With a short fuse as such.... does it even matter?
Your right what was I thinking I guess I just don''t understand why someone would behave this way. I go out of my way to help, even research what I am saying to make sure it makes sense. I kind of took this issue a bit personal. To just throw us all into the same basket, Nuff said.