DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust Cummins Diesel Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
DrumMedic is on a distinguished road
Default DPF-Back Exhaust Kits

I am looking into purchasing a new truck with the 6.7. I want to keep the warranty as long as possible, so I was investigating the DPF-back kits.

Do they add any real sound to them? I've been searching YouTube and the forums to videos or sound clips and can't find anything. My goal is to add a little noise without having to do the deletes until closer warranty expiration time.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
Trim Level: Laramine
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
oldbluehairhemi is on a distinguished road

hopefully someone chimes in I wanna know too. same boat as you.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

A DPF back kit won't do anything for sound. The exhaust is fully muffled by the cats and DPF filter. Just put a tip on your stock exhaust and call it a day.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 07-12-2014, 08:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
Trim Level: Laramine
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
oldbluehairhemi is on a distinguished road

I ordered a magnaflow dpf back kit from xdp. should be here this week. will let you know what I think after the install.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:21 PM

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Hemilvr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbluehairhemi View Post
I ordered a magnaflow dpf back kit from xdp. should be here this week. will let you know what I think after the install.
I just got off the phone with Magnaflow to ask some questions about the filter back exhaust cause I see absolutely no difference in the tubing other than cosmetics so I* asked them what real world benefits could I expect. Unfortunately the guy at magnaflow told me that not much hp gain and maybe a little better sounds at higher rpms. There is not much of a system they can make because of the new regulations. Basically like one member said "put a tip and call it a day".

Last edited by Hemilvr; 09-12-2014 at 06:21 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 09-12-2014, 06:32 PM

Unfortunately I think the days of modding diesels is gonna be short lived. Ive done a lot of searching and with the egr and dpf systems on the 13's and newer no one can make much of anything without throwing a code. Edge is the only company with a tuner for them and granted it gives you 150hp more and 360 ftlbs of torque because there is no egr delete out there all you will do is kill the turbo vanes with soot and have to replace the dpf filter sooner which is about $2000. With that said if you want to put a full exhaust and delete the egr and dpf you will have to buy a 2012 or earlier model cause the companies that offer them can only offer them for those years.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemilvr View Post
Unfortunately I think the days of modding diesels is gonna be short lived. Ive done a lot of searching and with the egr and dpf systems on the 13's and newer no one can make much of anything without throwing a code. Edge is the only company with a tuner for them and granted it gives you 150hp more and 360 ftlbs of torque because there is no egr delete out there all you will do is kill the turbo vanes with soot and have to replace the dpf filter sooner which is about $2000. With that said if you want to put a full exhaust and delete the egr and dpf you will have to buy a 2012 or earlier model cause the companies that offer them can only offer them for those years.
Just for the record. The Edge Juice with Attitude for a 2013+ Cummins is technically not a tuner; it's just a fooler module. It's taking the signals from the sensors and altering them before they get to the ECU. Bully Dog is currently the only company offering an actual tuner for the 2013+ Cummins.

8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Old 09-12-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Just for the record. The Edge Juice with Attitude for a 2013+ Cummins is technically not a tuner; it's just a fooler module. It's taking the signals from the sensors and altering them before they get to the ECU. Bully Dog is currently the only company offering an actual tuner for the 2013+ Cummins.
Oh ok.... my bad. Is the bullydog better or make more power than Edge? I mean for 2k on the bullydog vs $979 for edge I hope its better.

Last edited by Hemilvr; 09-12-2014 at 08:54 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 09-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Yes the Bully Dog is definitely better since it's actually tuning the ECU rather than fooling it. I'm not sure what the cost is on the Bully Dog, $2000 seems a little high. I know they recently came out with a new cable that allows it to be tuned without sending in the ECU to be unlocked (which was $2000).