DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:14
Admoody is on a distinguished road
Default Red Oracle lights in SC

I want to get these head lights for my truck and was wondering if anyone knew if the colored ones are legal in SC?

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...lehalokit.aspx
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Rep:139
SnoylCC5 will become famous soon enoughSnoylCC5 will become famous soon enough

before you order them, have you read some of the reviews on here of people that have bought them?? as far as being illegal, sorry idk

Mods: Debadged, plasti-dip all chrome, 2.5" leveling kit, 10000k HID's, Superchips Flashpaq 3865, red interior LED's
Soon to come: 6" suspension lift, 35" or 37" tires, New rims (undecided), 5% tint all around, LED tailgate bar
Old 10-21-2012, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Silver
Rep:25
EWC88 is on a distinguished road

Hm does that mean people have bad reviews on them? lol and are we talking on brand or just colored ones?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: '09 Dodge Ram TRX4
Trim Level: TRX4
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
weldguy is on a distinguished road
Default Lights

I don't know of ANY state that allows red or blue lights on the front of a vehicle that is not a public safety vehicle.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RCSB Express
Rep:97
mikennrg will become famous soon enough

They could try charging you with impersonating law enforcement. That is not a charge that you want.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

every led and accent light on my truck is going to be red local pd can kiss my a** but then no one here in my county really cares what you do all the way down to..well i guess up to how big your lift is, now there are a few limitations well ways to stay out of trouble, first dont run "illigal"lights on the highway(troopers are dicks) second if in the city leave your lights on the front off(if illigal colors) unless your parked somewhere lots of people leave there leds on the front on when in parking lots when they go in the stores and suck(not sure how long you can do this before your batter dies ) wish i did then maybe i will do this, and 3rd if you get pulled over and harrased play stupid and say well why did the dealership sell it to me this way(or let me purchase this) then. 9 out of 10 times you get away, and if you dont its like a 50$ticket its a non moving violation so no points on the liscnese and they cant give you another ticket for the same non moving violation for 30 days(except parking tickets and things of that nature) i once got 4 of those in the same day(not my fault my both sides of my truck was over both lines who knew that they had "compact car" parking and didnt put up signs instead painted it on the ground lol, hey it was closer to the store and i was tired of having to park all the way in the back, its not like a i took a handi cap spot or anything lol,.

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Rep:14
Admoody is on a distinguished road

I have since learned that the red lights are illegal everywhere while the white and amber ones and legal everywhere. I'm going with white because id like to later mount on more LED's and I'd rather have them all one color instead of mixing them.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Rep:139
SnoylCC5 will become famous soon enoughSnoylCC5 will become famous soon enough

not saying that the brand in general is bad or the color (bc like hinkle im going to be putting in red LED's all over my truck.) however, yes i have heard a lot of mixed reviews on these. I know one guy on here ordered them and they were so fragile that one of them broke so he was stuck with one halo ring, plus im not a huge fan of taking apart my headlights by putting them in the oven. just IMO. but i know its your money and your truck so you will do what will make you happy and i dont blame you

Mods: Debadged, plasti-dip all chrome, 2.5" leveling kit, 10000k HID's, Superchips Flashpaq 3865, red interior LED's
Soon to come: 6" suspension lift, 35" or 37" tires, New rims (undecided), 5% tint all around, LED tailgate bar