DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM
Trim Level: LARAMIE
Color: RED
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
HEMISRGN is on a distinguished road
Default BAK ROLL-X ? Have one? seen one?

Anyone see one of these in person. It looks like you get security, full bed access and weatherproof....also looks less cumbersome than a G2/F1 to me

Wondering what the appearance will be once its been opened/closed over time, will the "slats" start to show through the outer cover so that the appearance is no longer sleek, I'm a little afraid it may look like a garage door with a million slats as it ages
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:13
Synthetickiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMISRGN View Post
Anyone see one of these in person. It looks like you get security, full bed access and weatherproof....also looks less cumbersome than a G2/F1 to me

Wondering what the appearance will be once its been opened/closed over time, will the "slats" start to show through the outer cover so that the appearance is no longer sleek, I'm a little afraid it may look like a garage door with a million slats as it ages
I own one. It's sitting in the box it came in on my drive way. I'm waiting for a replacement weather strip for it.

It seems to roll in a way that keeps the black top rounded. It works in the same fashion a bread box would, at least in regards to folding. Unless you manually try to fold the cover, I can't see that happening, but only time will tell.

Once I get it installed, I'll be happy to give you an update if you like.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM
Trim Level: LARAMIE
Color: RED
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
HEMISRGN is on a distinguished road

Would love to see pics of it, thanks...

I'm looking for one that is as "secure" as it can feasibly be (I realize with enough effort any of these can be broken into) I ski a ton and would like to lock my skis/etc. in the bed and be able to go inside and eat or whatever without my stuff being out in the open. The velcro models seem less secure to me. I've always had a "topper/canopy" in the past.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:13
Synthetickiller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMISRGN View Post
Would love to see pics of it, thanks...

I'm looking for one that is as "secure" as it can feasibly be (I realize with enough effort any of these can be broken into) I ski a ton and would like to lock my skis/etc. in the bed and be able to go inside and eat or whatever without my stuff being out in the open. The velcro models seem less secure to me. I've always had a "topper/canopy" in the past.
I installed mine today (with parts missing, I might add). Not entirely blown away by this cover. Great idea, but wow, wrong length of the weather stripping, missing pieces. I'm not impressed w/ their quality control so far.

I'll have pics up tomorrow. I posted in my build thread in the build section, but nothing that shows my issues yet.

There will be creases along the top. I was under the impression that wouldn't happen. I can already see 2 creases.

Is there a better option that rolls up? I sadly can't answer that question.