DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 2wd express rcsb
Trim Level: express
Color: black clear coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jlibert is on a distinguished road
Default RCSB express vs. RCSB SRT-10

I was headed home on my usual route when a black rcsb third gen went past me in the opposite direction. I immediately got on my brakes, and he did the same. I waved him over to where I was parked and when he pulled in, I noticed the spoiler and the viper wheels. I hesitantly asked if he wanted to race and he obliged.

Race 1. dead stop, he spun, I spun so we both let off and went again.

race 2. from a slow roll (about 20mph or so). It sounded like he was in a pretty tall gear, and I was revved up pretty good in first. I jumped about 3 truck lengths ahead as he rolled into it. I could see him screaming up to me, but then he'd lose a truck length when he shifted. Bottom line, he was at my door after 4 poles.

race 3. basically the same as race 2. The guy couldn't shift that quickly, so he'd pull super hard, but would lose everything he gained at the shifts.

Anyway, these srt10's clearly have a lot more power than our stock hemi's, but without a good driver, the manual tranny equipped models aren't going to walk away from us.

one thing that surprised me was how the srt10's sound. They sound something like a cross between a straight six and a ferrari. Well, this one did anyway.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
acs0424 is on a distinguished road

Nice kill, and a good driver can make all the difference. SRT-10's are beasts, fortunately you got a driver who couldn't shift
Old 11-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Manual trannies are entirely driver dependant, and if you can't shift then you are in trouble.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: BLACK
Rep:9
PeterGriffin is an unknown quantity at this point

SRT-10s are usually traction limited...in this case it would appear that the driver was apparently skill limited...

I can assure you when I had my SRT-10 QC in all three "races" you would have been squarely in my rear view mirror; there's NO comparison between the two...
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs
Old 11-11-2012, 12:58 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Silver
Rep:123
UNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enough

I used to love whipping those things in my black truck. The quad cabs are turds though....13.5ish trucks stock. Definitely not impressive.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
SRT-10s are usually traction limited...in this case it would appear that the driver was apparently skill limited...

I can assure you when I had my SRT-10 QC in all three "races" you would have been squarely in my rear view mirror; there's NO comparison between the two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
I used to love whipping those things in my black truck. The quad cabs are turds though....13.5ish trucks stock. Definitely not impressive.
From what I remember reading, there was only a .10 difference in et between the qc and rc, but the rc trapped like 8mph faster. I would have thought there would be more of an ET difference and less of a trap speed difference.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlibert View Post
Street racing...

Any dynos, 1/8 or 1/4 slips for your truck?

Speaking of turds, our HEMIs ARE turds in the 1/4 out of the box. High 14s/low 15s? Pretty sure the turbo MINI Coopers my wife and daughter drive would beat my truck as it sits right now. Ugghhh...

There's NO comparing the two trucks, so don't...

The HEMI Kool Aid around here is unbelievably sometimes. Having owned several SRTs and several 5.7s I know first hand the difference and comparing the two similarly equipped is an exercise in futility. Typically with the amount of money you'd need to spend on a 5.7 to make it competitive with a 6.1/6/4 SRT you could have had a SRT to begin with.

There's a handful of trucks on this forum that could hand a STOCK SRT (a 10 or any of the 8s) their ass in legitimate (that means no bullshit street racing) race. And those trucks have big dough in 'em. Slap bolt-ons (intake/tune/exhaust) on an SRT and you're back to square one.

SRT haters...give it a rest...
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs
Old 11-11-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGriffin View Post
Street racing...

Any dynos, 1/8 or 1/4 slips for your truck?

Speaking of turds, our HEMIs ARE turds in the 1/4 out of the box. High 14s/low 15s? Pretty sure the turbo MINI Coopers my wife and daughter drive would beat my truck as it sits right now. Ugghhh...

There's NO comparing the two trucks, so don't...

The HEMI Kool Aid around here is unbelievably sometimes. Having owned several SRTs and several 5.7s I know first hand the difference and comparing the two similarly equipped is an exercise in futility. Typically with the amount of money you'd need to spend on a 5.7 to make it competitive with a 6.1/6/4 SRT you could have had a SRT to begin with.

There's a handful of trucks on this forum that could hand a STOCK SRT (a 10 or any of the 8s) their ass in legitimate (that means no bullshit street racing) race. And those trucks have big dough in 'em. Slap bolt-ons (intake/tune/exhaust) on an SRT and you're back to square one.

SRT haters...give it a rest...

Quote:

Anyway, these srt10's clearly have a lot more power than our stock hemi's, but without a good driver, the manual tranny equipped models aren't going to walk away from us.
^^from the original post ^^

What are you talking about? I'm out of line for telling you a story about a RCSB express vs a RCSB SRT-10? You're comparing our 5.7's to 6.1's and 6.4's that have never been available in a truck platform? Give it a rest.

Nobody thinks our trucks are God's gift to racing. It's a stock truck, that's it.

If you want to take a ride in something that will slap around any vehicle you've ever owned, come to my house and take a ride in a turbo 7.0 challenger. (front mount pt-80) With the little 2.3 lysholm it had before the turbo setup, it went 10.70 shifting into high gear at the 1/8th. Just cause we're on ramforumz talking about stock '12 rams doesn't mean that's all we know. My last diesel truck probably made more at the wheels (twin turbo, twin pumps, etc) than any of your last two vehicles combined.

If you don't like the thread, troll elsewhere.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH
Keep talking...you'll think of something to say...

I'll put my vehicle resume up against yours and about anyone else's here; it may not be the best, but it's right up there. My POS M-B S55 AMG was only good for 13 and low change in the 1/4...pretty pathetic for a $130K car, huh?

The POINT was for you and all of the other Hemi Kool Aid drinking racer bois here that "smoked" this SRT or another (one such tool mentioned a Jeep SRT, and SRTs include the 8s and 10s [no one's mentioned a CrossFire, at least not that I've seen yet] which is why I mentioned the 6.1 and 6.4...the 8.0 was the focus of your "race") in addition to a number of other cars (an M3...really?!) where evidently the laws of physics, in addition to common sense (street racing?) do not apply.

How much money in that monster diesel of yours? 'Cause mine went 530 RWHP and 1100 torque (on a MILD Street tune) with an intake/tune/exhaust. The only guy that beat me that dyno day made 700 HP exactly with his "Cummins" (just had to see the gigantic sticker on the back), no torque reading though. And they had to push him off the rollers as it was leaking every fluid that truck took; oil, coolant, tranny, you name it. I laughed my ass off and got almost 20 MPG on the ride home. Yeah, quite the rocket scientist with over $20K in a $5K truck that was his daily driver...

Trolling? Think not, just keeping it real for all the fantasy street racers that seem to proliferate here. Unfortunately this forum de facto (go ahead, I'll give you a minute to look that up) condones street racing, hence all of these retarded posts, like yours...

I'm far from perfect myself, but can't help but think back in the day some tool (like yourself for example) came on here and talked smack 'cause his Hemi Ram spanked my AMG from a roll...when in reality (where some of us actually spend the majority of our time) I was laughing my arse off that said tool thought I'd waste my time/gas and engage in such nonsense...

Keep up the street racing though...karma's waiting...
Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram reg cab express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Rep:79
dusterman will become famous soon enough

Wow where did this thread go???