DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500 2WD
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
h9alyman is on a distinguished road
Default 3" body lift

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but for some reason the search button is obviously not working for me - maybe I need a bigger hammer !!
Anyway, I want to give my truck some height and am thinking about fitting a 3" body lift kit. My question is, are they easy to fit - I have above average mechanical skills and what is the best kit, value for money out there ?

This is my first truck I have owned and the first time I have ever LIFTED a vehicle, I have only ever LOWERED cars.

Any help is appreciated
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport fully loaded
Color: charcoal grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
chadster21 will become famous soon enoughchadster21 will become famous soon enough

if i was in your shoes i would do the rough country 3.75 kit or whatever it is.... its a levelling kit with a 1.25'' body lift and I'm pretty sure it is cheaper than buying a 3'' body lift.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:25 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by h9alyman View Post
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but for some reason the search button is obviously not working for me - maybe I need a bigger hammer !!
Anyway, I want to give my truck some height and am thinking about fitting a 3" body lift kit. My question is, are they easy to fit - I have above average mechanical skills and what is the best kit, value for money out there ?

This is my first truck I have owned and the first time I have ever LIFTED a vehicle, I have only ever LOWERED cars.

Any help is appreciated
what is the exact model of your truck and what year?

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadster21 View Post
if i was in your shoes i would do the rough country 3.75 kit or whatever it is.... its a levelling kit with a 1.25'' body lift and I'm pretty sure it is cheaper than buying a 3'' body lift.
If they have this for the 06, I'd recommend this as well
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:18 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
If they have this for the 06, I'd recommend this as well
RCX has a 2.5" level kit, a 4" and a 6" for the 2006-2008 model trucks, i do not see the combo

OP i have found a couple of options to level you truck that are reletivily cheap some are better than others in my oppionon but here they are

first: $175

Part Number: P61180

• Level Lift Strut Spacer
  • Max Lift 2.5 in.
  • Max Tire Diam. 35 in.

Pro Comp is the fastest, safest, least expensive way to bring the front of your Vehicle level with the rear. This gives you the clearance and ability to add wheels and tires up to 35" in dia. Pro Comp products do not affect the factory OEM ride quality or comfort. Thats why Pro Comp also offers a lifetime warranty for as long as you own your vehicle against defects for all of our products.

second : $130

Part Number: CSTCSE-C16-4

• Spring Spacer
  • 2.5 in. Lift
  • Urethane
  • 2 pc.
i would always recommend strut spacers vs. coil spacers there is also a few options with adjustable shocks here they are, these are also favored however are a bit more expensive, performance is much better though.

first :$208 a pair

Part Number: EXPZX2017

• Pro Runner SS™ Monotube Shock Absorber
  • Ride height adjustable, allows stock ride height or increased ride height up to 2.75 inches
  • Clears 35 inch Tires
  • Retains Factory Coil Spring, coil spring not included
  • Nitrogen Charged
  • Zinc plated, clear coated finish
  • 2 inch diameter body

Pro Comp's Pro Runner SS ™ is engineered for late model trucks & SUVs with coilover strut-style, independent front suspensions. This unique design features Pro Comp's patent pending 180°SS™ height adjustable collar. The collar allows you the option of raising the front of your vehicle up to 2.75 inches to clear 35 inch tires, or keeping your rig at the factory ride height. The Pro Comp Pro Runner SS™ Ride Height Adjustable Shock will deliver the perfect ride and off-road style you're looking for. Note: Retains Factory Coil Spring, coil spring not included.

second: $200 a pair

Part Number: BIL24-186988

• Bilstein 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shock Absorber
  • Collapsed Length (IN): 15.18
  • Extended Length (IN): 21.26
  • Travel Length (IN): 6.08
  • Lower Mount: Clevis
  • Upper Mount: Stem
  • Shaft Diameter: 14mm
  • Reservoir: No
  • Finish: Zinc plated
  • Body Design: 46mm ID snap ring grooved body (Coilover)
  • Internal Design: Mono tube
  • Boot Included: No

Bilstein's 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shocks are Zinc-plated shocks that install like factory replacement shocks and are designed to correct the factory nose-down rake, allowing for the use of larger wheels and tires. The OEM spring seat is repositioned to provide more preload to the factory spring. The result is a level front to rear ride height. Features include: Monotube gas pressure construction, Extremely affordable, Snap ring grooves on shock body provide up to 2.75" of front end lift (depending on application), More practical than strut extension or spring pre-load spacer kits, Offers increased wheel travel while accommodating a 33" tire, Application specific design available for many popular light trucks and SUVs..

Then you 3" pa body lift is $418 so total project with a leveled truck and the body lift would run you between $548-$626 based off the options above, if you like something you see feel free to give me a call we can get your order placed and sent out tuesday as monday is a holiday. We will be available to take orders on monday we just cant get it shipped untill tuesday.

Our current hours are Sunday through Saturday 9:00am-9:00pm

currently we are only accepting phone order we apologize for any inconvenience our website is still under construction.

Shipping:free to the lower 48 state via ups tracking numbers will be provided with 2-3 business days on average although in some circumstances within 1-2 business days

We accept PayPal, Visa and Mastercard via PayPal.

We are offering this product to all Ramforumz member for $418.00 with free shipping to the lower 48 states!!!

Thanks
Jeremiah Hinkle
Lathrop, mo
855-432-3278 toll free
816-686-2176 personal number(i can answer simple questions via text on this number for all orders please call our toll free number above.)
jhinkle@discountautoperformance.com personal email

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500 2WD
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
h9alyman is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jeremiah, some good options. I would prefer to go with the Bilsteins but will they fit a 2WD, looking through several websites they seem to be only available for 4WD.
2nd choice would be the strut spacer.
When do you think your website will be able to take orders ?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Thanks Jeremiah, some good options. I would prefer to go with the Bilsteins but will they fit a 2WD, looking through several websites they seem to be only available for 4WD.
oh 2 wheel drive i thought you had a 4 wheel drive, no the bilstein's will not fit a 2 wheel drive neither wil the procomp adjustables, let me see what i can find you give me a few minutes

Thanks
Jeremiah

Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

ok now the strut spacers are not going to work either, however we do still have some options, they are of course going to be coil spacers, which is absolutely ok for 2 wheel drive pickups here are our options we have for your truck, all items are in stock and can ship tuesday.

first: $53

Procomp coil spacer
Part Number: EXPPLC09103

• Poly Lift Coil Spacer
  • Max. Lift 1.5 in.
  • Max. Tire Diameter 32 in.

Poly Lift Coil Spacer; Max. Lift 1.5 in.; Max. Tire Diamenter 32 in.;

second: $128
DayStar
Part Number: DAYKC09100BK

• Lift Height: 2 Inches
  • Front Lift only
  • Sold in pairs
  • Allows for 32 inch tires
  • Requires longer replacement shocks
  • Wheel alignment required after installation
  • Finish color: Black.

Daystar Comfort Ride Suspension kits are the perfect choice for a lift that will not only increase vehicle height, but enhance performance. Improve ground clearance, allow for larger tires, utilize most of the stock components and improve the all around.

third: $140
Performance Accessories
Part Number: PERDL229PA

• Coil Spring Leveling System
  • 2 in. Lift
  • Incl. 2 Front Coil Spacers
  • 2 Rear Coil Spacers
  • Max Tire Size:35 inches

fourth: $95

Performance Accessories
Part Number: PERDL222PA

• Coil Spring Leveling System
  • 2 in. Lift
  • Incl. Urethane Bushings
  • Spacers
  • Grade 8 Bolts
  • Max Tire Size:35 inches

Performance Accessories Leveling Kits give your truck or jeep an aggressive off-road stance without compromising factory handling characteristics. Easy to install and inexpensive, these are an economical alternative to complete suspension lift systems. Add some slightly larger tires, a winch, heavy duty bumper or snow plow without sagging and rubbing your tires.

And then of course the body lift is still the same price of $418, so now we are going to be between $471 and $558 very good price for a 5" lift.

Our website is going to be accepting orders hopefully by 11-23-12.

Our current hours are Sunday through Saturday 9:00am-9:00pm

currently we are only accepting phone order we apologize for any inconvenience our website is still under construction.

Shipping:free to the lower 48 state via ups tracking numbers will be provided with 2-3 business days on average although in some circumstances within 1-2 business days

We accept PayPal, Visa and Mastercard via PayPal.

Thanks
Jeremiah Hinkle
Lathrop, mo
855-432-3278 toll free
816-686-2176 personal number(i can answer simple questions via text on this number for all orders please call our toll free number above.)
jhinkle@discountautoperformance.com personal email

Old 11-11-2012, 12:47 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
parts are being loaded into site now, i do not believe the ones you are interested in have been loaded yet, however the checkout process is finally installed so you are able to order anything off of the website right now, you will be redirected to pay pal to complete the checkout process and we must ship to your address on the pay pal account, 1-2 more weeks and you wont have to leave our site, currently we have it set up this way because we feel this is the most secure while we are still under maintenance here is the url http://discountautoperformance.com/store/

check back periodically throughout the day i made a special not to get the 3rd gen ram parts in there next now the the first part is uploaded and the test was successful we are now ready to start accepting orders

just got word at the end of this upcoming week body lifts will be going up to $449

Thanks
Jeremiah Hinkle

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 11-11-2012 at 06:00 PM.