DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Structural engineering would be cool! I know this sounds really weird but I never wanted to be an engineer at all. Why'd I get the degree then? I dunno, I guess I didn't really know what I wanted to do and I was pretty good with the maths and sciences so figured it'd be a good program to go through. I entered the construction field and like it, and am an estimator/project manager. Maybe one day I'll build something you design If I were to ever do engineering I think structural would be what I'd want to do.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1995 Chevy Lumina
Rep:16
EngineeringStudent is on a distinguished road

That's the cool thing about engineering, in general. You can do almost any job that doesn't require a master's degree or higher if you have an engineering degree. Especially from Michigan Tech.

As for the mach 1 question, I honestly don't know. I could be wrong about the Bernoulli's Principle part, but I am pretty confident in the concepts I discussed.

I should also mention, until reading this thread, I never really put much thought into air intake in vehicles. I knew they were there, and I knew to check the filter now and then on my car, but I never put 2 and 2 together to realize that the purpose was so there is air for the engine to combust. So I actually learned a lot from this as well.... =P funny how that works.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:50 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
You can do almost any job that doesn't require a master's degree or higher if you have an engineering degree.
That's exactly how I looked at it when I was trying to choose a major. I figured with this I'll never really have to worry about a job.

How'd such a smart person end up driving a chebby

JK

Old 11-10-2012, 10:46 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
BgHrn is on a distinguished road

Id be interested if the price wasn't out of this world.

That tube has to move a TON of air, I bet it sounds like its going to suck your hat off your head, lol.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1995 Chevy Lumina
Rep:16
EngineeringStudent is on a distinguished road

I was wondering how long before someone brought up my car... I drive a Chevy because it gets good gas mileage and runs well. My first truck, a 91 Dakota caught on fire the first time a drove it... I don't know exactly what happened, but there's that. My second car was a 98 ford contour. Blew the engine because there was an oil leak so I was unknowingly running it dry for a while.... yeah, I was an irresponsible high schooler. But anyway, after that, I wanted an olds 88,but this was a great deal that I couldn't resist given my circumstances.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:54 PM

Just giving you a hard time I actually like chevy a lot.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Just giving you a hard time I actually like chevy a lot.
i like pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat