DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 07 ram 1500 5.7
Trim Level: BigHorn slt
Color: Inferno red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
zipperhead is on a distinguished road
Default stock ifs

well i was thinking of lowering my 4x4 due to i have blown up tons of chevy ifs parts, but a buddy just gave me 2 brand new 37 mud grapplers so now the idea of lifing comes back to mind. Im worried about the ifs though i don't have t bars to crank being the truck is a 07 so i think the cv axles won't get to far out of wack. Is a 37 going to be to much strain on stock cvs im not going to spend 1800 on kore cvs. I don't play off road she would be a street queen only time 4x4 would be on would be playing in the snow or maybe a smooth grass feild
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2012, 05:55 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperhead View Post
well i was thinking of lowering my 4x4 due to i have blown up tons of chevy ifs parts, but a buddy just gave me 2 brand new 37 mud grapplers so now the idea of lifing comes back to mind. Im worried about the ifs though i don't have t bars to crank being the truck is a 07 so i think the cv axles won't get to far out of wack. Is a 37 going to be to much strain on stock cvs im not going to spend 1800 on kore cvs. I don't play off road she would be a street queen only time 4x4 would be on would be playing in the snow or maybe a smooth grass feild
should be ok i would do a 6" lift with prorunner shocks or bilsteins and you would have no issue especially if you are not going to be going offroad.

Thanks
Jeremiah Hinkle
Discount Auto Performance
855-432-3278

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 07 ram 1500 5.7
Trim Level: BigHorn slt
Color: Inferno red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
zipperhead is on a distinguished road

sounds good hopefully for once ifs proves me wrong. my silverado i was replacing cvs every other month
Old 11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperhead View Post
sounds good hopefully for once ifs proves me wrong. my silverado i was replacing cvs every other month
the procomp lift comes with a pretty big drop plate so even with bilsteins or pro runners maxed your angles still arn't too bad and you shouldn't notice in 4x4 wobble either.

Thanks
Jeremiah Hinkle
Discount Auto Performance
855-432-3278

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Rep:108
ridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enoughridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enough

IFS with 37's...asking for trouble even for a poser 4X4 street truck.