DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: express
Color: mineral grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rammedifiknow is on a distinguished road

ford engines are junk! period! the last good engine they built was the 7.3 liter diesel. their gasers have always been a joke. buddy (2011 furd rapturd) and i just ran up rte 91 from exit 1 in vermont... ahhh, yeah, he had all he could handle walkin by my 2012 ram with 3.55 gears stock and no lsd. when we got off exit 3? all he said was, ' thought i woulda smoked ya'! well, ya didnt. and hows that aftermarket exhaust and cai workin for ya? turbos ARE the wave of the future, v8 or v6. furd came out with it first and every furd fan is creamin their jeans... there is no doubt that once again both ram and gm will be stompin on furd's engine very soon again.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Cummins 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:326
the persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammedifiknow View Post
ford engines are junk! period! the last good engine they built was the 7.3 liter diesel. their gasers have always been a joke. buddy (2011 furd rapturd) and i just ran up rte 91 from exit 1 in vermont... ahhh, yeah, he had all he could handle walkin by my 2012 ram with 3.55 gears stock and no lsd. when we got off exit 3? all he said was, ' thought i woulda smoked ya'! well, ya didnt. and hows that aftermarket exhaust and cai workin for ya? turbos ARE the wave of the future, v8 or v6. furd came out with it first and every furd fan is creamin their jeans... there is no doubt that once again both ram and gm will be stompin on furd's engine very soon again.
And apparently he wasn't a tool...
Old 11-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram lonestar
Trim Level: Lonestar
Rep:46
garner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Stupid much? You do realize that 6.2 in a lariat/platinum/fx2 will most likely walk you right? Guessing you're a crew cab
Best time: 14.7402 @87.53 on bald goodyear fortera sl 285 45 22 in 2500 DA. Corrected to 14.301 @ 90.28
Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Cummins 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:326
the persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the roughthe persuader is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by garner View Post
Stupid much? You do realize that 6.2 in a lariat/platinum/fx2 will most likely walk you right? Guessing you're a crew cab
Not too far from you, I'm in College Station.

Carry on
Old 11-30-2012, 01:51 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacey View Post
I also added a custom tune to the truck from 5 Star Tuning adding around 60+RWHP and over 115+RWTQ. His tunes are awesome giving me the performance and shifting I want while still being safely to tow the max weight the truck can tow without having to switch to a tow tune. Hell, I just like it for the adjustment of the DBW system and quick torque converter lock up alone. Better shifting and throttle response while adding gobs of power for only $400, I'll take it. The stock Ford tune is overly conservative to keep the engine too safe as most of the tuners like SCT and Superchips have been saying. Which is why even their canned tunes are adding over 50+RWHP and 100+RWTQ. I guess that is why the racing guys on the Ford forums are able to get into the low to mid 13's in a 4wd 4-door in the 1/4 mile with just a tune.
Since you've been gone I have a couple freinds and family members with the Eco Boost. But none are tuned, they don't want to risk their warranties. That said, what warranty do you have? Also what's involved in your tune besides a what you described...like downpipe, boost increase, exhaust etc, what is DBW system? You say all the tunned eb fords are running low 13's with just 50 more hp, have you raced yours yet? Can you describe your tune in detail plz? And last, are you saying that without increasing boost or adding anything they are getting 50 more hp with a SC tuner...thx? And btw, the 4 door eb trucks are getting good times because of the torque the turbo puts outs. The more torque is better for the increased weight. As in Chevy trucks with big block 454's climb steep grades better than with 350 small blocks with shorter strokes.....not that you didn't know that already, lol.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:15 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

Quote:
ford strait six cly. engine from years ago is worth mentioning as a great engine ?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:19
Real Estate Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Reading this post made my IQ drop 3 points....
Old 11-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 RCSB 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:173
Unfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura aboutUnfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I would also have to say that the 5.4 engine is reliable. You just have to be careful with the sparkplugs (change them on time) and sometimes (on the older ones) the exhaust manifold will leak. But these are just minor issues, you will easily get 200,000+ miles!
MODS- QTP Exhaust Cutout, ARH Long-tube Headers, HornBlasters Train Horn, HemiFever Tuned, Linex bedliner, Painted mirrors and door handles, 14" magnaflow muffler, Cabin air filter, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Black 17" Sport Edition TK5 Wheels, K&N CAI, BT Catch can, 85mm Throttle body, Upper glovebox Mod, Recon Black Projector headlights, Retroshops- Tinted LED Tails including 3rd brake.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
I would also have to say that the 5.4 engine is reliable
No way man. Three guys I work with have late model F150's with the 5.4L and one of them is in the shop to be repaired every couple months. Tons of common issues with them. Spark plugs breaking off(which is definitely not a minor issue), coils cracking, valve springs cracking, fuel pressure regulator failures, the list really goes on for common issues with the 5.4L. Not to mention they start off as gas guzzlers(~12mpg) and comparatively weak(~315hp). My 4.7L gets substantially better mpg and smokes all of their trucks from a standstill to any reasonable speed. My truck has also not had any real issues in 70k miles.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
ford strait six cly. engine from years ago is worth mentioning as a great engine ?
YES! The ford 300 is one of the best gas engines ever produced. Great gas mileage(17mpg in the 80's in a full size pickup), torque of the bigger small block v8's, and extremely reliable(very common to go 200,000+ miles).

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.