DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
chadyaz is on a distinguished road
Default Winter camping

Picked up the trailer from storage yesterday. Batteries are charging, propane tanks are full, fridge is full of beer, truck bed is full of wood.

This will be my first time winter camping and I'm pretty excited. We've had a bit of snow here the last couple of days, so it should be interesting.

I'll post some pics when I get back on Sunday

Anyone else out there have any stories or pics from winter camping trips??
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

Wasn't so much as WINTER camping..with snow and all. But it did get down to around freezing that night. Best thing I did was bring extra socks..so when my feet got sweaty from being in the boots and around a fire and started to get cold...changed my socks and it works wonders on keeping your feet warm. So I definitely suggest that. But a nice big fire, plenty of beer and shine will make for a great camping trip.

Oh yea, this trip in the pic above we have coy dogs run through camp in the morning. I almost shot one, but let them run off..then someone else shot one. The pups were cute as hell though. Have fun and be safe!
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

whats a "coy" dog ?....
Old 11-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:19
constableal is on a distinguished road

A coydog is the hybrid offspring of a coyote (Canis latrans) and a dog (Canis lupus familiaris).
Old 11-30-2012, 05:41 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Quad Cab 4 x 4
Trim Level: SLT Outdoorsman
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
CanuckHRAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadyaz View Post
Picked up the trailer from storage yesterday. Batteries are charging, propane tanks are full, fridge is full of beer, truck bed is full of wood.

This will be my first time winter camping and I'm pretty excited. We've had a bit of snow here the last couple of days, so it should be interesting.

I'll post some pics when I get back on Sunday

Anyone else out there have any stories or pics from winter camping trips??

Have a nice camping trip chadyaz!

My Travel Trailer is winterized and put away for the winter now. We enjoy going to the Kananaskis Area from May thru Sept. every year but just have too many other things on the go in the winter. Are you leaving your water lines winterized with antifreeze or taking the chance of no antifreeze and using them while you are camping?

Nice to see you also have an Outdoorsman! I purchased mine from Varsity Chrysler and just loving it.

Take care
Old 11-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
whats a "coy" dog ?....
Quote:
Originally Posted by constableal View Post
A coydog is the hybrid offspring of a coyote (Canis latrans) and a dog (Canis lupus familiaris).
correct...it took us forever to figure out what they were because I had never heard of them then we spoke to someone from the area and he said that is most likely what they were. Basically....it looked enough like a german shepherd that I didn't want to shoot it because I thought it might be someones pet...but the colors where like no german shepherd I'd ever seen. Dark faces and big furry coats and bushy tail. They weren't really aggressive even with the pups wandering toward my tent. But I tell you that if it came toward me any further the cross-hairs were right on its forehead.

We were all drunk and playing coyote pup howls/pack howls and injured rabbit noises from the radio that night trying to get somethin to come to camp. Got what we asked for, haha
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Silver
chadyaz is on a distinguished road

The trip was a success. The weather held up pretty good while we were out there. It was -14C on Friday night but warmed up to -6C for the rest of the weekend. As soon as we got to Calgary, the cold weather and snow started.

The box was full to the top of wood, and towing the 5500 lb trailer wasn't an issue for the truck whatsoever, even through snow, slush and ice at times

CanuckHRAM - this is the first winter trip we took and we headed out to Maclean Creek. It was a power site, so I used a space heater to keep the inside warm, and it worked really well. As for water, we brought 2 5 gallon jugs and kept the lines full of antifreeze. I added some antifreeze to the toilet tank , and we used it as usual with pouring water down there to rinse. Next time I'll bring a bucket and keep it in the bathroom.

This is loaded up and ready to go. Theres more sag at the hitch than usual. I have a full load of wood, which I normally don't have when camping.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Quad Cab 4 x 4
Trim Level: SLT Outdoorsman
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
CanuckHRAM is on a distinguished road

Looks like you had some good fun on the weekend chadyaz. I used to go quadding out at MacLean Creeek and it is a nice area. You had nicer weather than we did in Calgary as it was -12C most of the weekend and on and off snow.

I have a 21 ft. Travel Trailer and my truck rear used to sag with the trailer hooked up so I put a set of Firestone Air Bags inside the rear springs. It works great now. Happy camping!