DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Cherry red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:21
Ramkt7 is on a distinguished road
Default Bilstein? looking to raise the front

Hello,
im new to this and have a 2012 ram 1500 crew cab and was looking at raising the front.

Im looking at bilstein since thats what a lot of people on here like or if there is others let me know.

also im looking but cant seem to find the right ones so i need some help if you guys know a part number or a link to them

Also, do i just need to buy the front or do i also have to buy the rears also? and last question how much do shops roughly charge to install them?

Thanks for the help!!
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramkt7 View Post
Hello,
im new to this and have a 2012 ram 1500 crew cab and was looking at raising the front.

Im looking at bilstein since thats what a lot of people on here like or if there is others let me know.

also im looking but cant seem to find the right ones so i need some help if you guys know a part number or a link to them

Also, do i just need to buy the front or do i also have to buy the rears also? and last question how much do shops roughly charge to install them?

Thanks for the help!!
assuming you have a 4 wheel drive truck bilstiens are they way to go, also rancho makes a good product, and so does procomp, all achieve the same results, but are a little bit different, you can check them all out here [url]discountautoperformance.com/store[url]

direct link to the ranch strut assembly
http://discountautoperformance.com/s...roducts_id=139

direct link to the procomp strut assembly

http://discountautoperformance.com/s...roducts_id=131

direct link to the procomp strut assembly (this is for a 2002-2008 however it is the same specs the our 4thgen truck they 4th gen truck part number is zx2014 we do not have the one loaded in the site yet so if you want to order one just put zx2014 in the notes, both are the same price)

http://discountautoperformance.com/s...roducts_id=117

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sagebrush
Rep:25
TheAxeman is on a distinguished road

I just had the Bilsteins installed on my 12 and had them set at 2.1 inches which seems to be about perfect. I opted to have the front and rear done at the same time but don't know if that is necessary since the truck is brand new. To have all four of them done cost me $275.00. I live on Long Island in NY. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to help you with the part numbers.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Rep:10
bigdukeram is on a distinguished road

Yes, 2.1 is very close to level and almost eliminates any potential problem. If you arent raising the rear this is a good setting. I paid $100 to get them installed just for the front. If I had a spring compressor I would def do my own. They were done in an hour and a half. I will dig out part numbers if no one else posts it soon. I am satisfied with the kit and ride is very close to stock.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Rep:108
FSTASFCK will become famous soon enoughFSTASFCK will become famous soon enough

Front: BE5-F812-H0 $97.50ea
Rear: BE5-F813-H0 $79.95ea

$354.90 for all 4 shipped

I just got em earlier this week and installing them tonight!!! Can't wait!!!