DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:9
PeterGriffin is an unknown quantity at this point

Kool Aid stand. Wow, funny...

Ahhh...there's the rock throwing. Real mature crowd...

I mod everything, and have spent more money in the last ten years doing so then I care to remember. I mod for more power, better handling, better braking and for cosmetic purposes.

Take just one of the cars out of my vehicle resume over the last 10 years. Look up what an '06 Mercedes Benz S55 AMG cost when it was new. Never mind, let me help you with that, right around $110K+. Who cares? Evidently some of y'all do 'cause you brought it, and suffice it to say there's likely members here who live in a house that cost about as much. Again, who cares. I don't care how successful your Kool Aid stand is, you're not gonna be rolling in MB's flagship. I'd bet that while most people here know what an SRT is they have no clue about AMGs...

It's the retired LEO in me that has a problem with these street racing posts. They're rubbish. Street racing is illegal, period. Pretty sure there's no argument about that, and the mob mentality of condoning that behavior has consequences. The "maturity" of some members here is seriously questionable and the keyboard pounding, chest beating and e-peen measuring in posts like these is laughable, until someone gets hurt, or worse.

If you wanna spend more modding your truck than you paid for it to begin with, by all means, knock yourself out. Just make sure that when that immature, moronic, irresponsible and hormone raging pissed off teenager in you raises its ugly head when someone pulls up to you at a stoplight, you make the rational decision to count to ten and decide to take it to the track or dyno; that's where the men have their big boy pants on...

YMMV of course, carry on...
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs
Old 12-07-2012, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

totally agree what your saying, along with you "throwing rocks" aswell not just others. BUT yes we all KNOW street racing is illegal and stupid. and yes the real gear heads go to the track
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHemI View Post
totally agree what your saying, along with you "throwing rocks" as well not just others. BUT yes we all KNOW street racing is illegal and stupid. and yes the real gear heads go to the track
Agreed. I'm not perfect by any stretch (nor is anyone for that matter) but the silliness that these threads (de)generate is a little much. Even in a controlled environment things can go wrong (dyno or track) so when people take it to the street it has the tendency to get my Irish up. I could chose not to read or post here...but being an enthusiast and previous SRT owner I find some of the comments amusing to say the least, and downright delusional in some cases.

As a rule I never say anything electronically (email/text/IBB post) that I wouldn't say straight to someone's face. Seems some other people here should take that to heart and do likewise...

That's all I got.
MOPAR trailer brake controller,rubber floor mats & rear view camera*tint*Plastidipped wheels*K&N drop-in*180 thermostat*debadged*running boards DELETED*Front Speakers:Quantum Audio 6-inch*Rear Speakers:Pioneer 6x9*Alpine 4-channel amp*Kenwood Sub amp*Sub:2/10-inch Rockford Fosgate*high/low/fog HIDs
Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

on any forum ive ever seen, i see people commenting all the time i beat this and i beat that...i especially dont like when people talk trash about our hemi engines, just like this is stirring you up with him beating an srt... i always think, "yea right" and let it go because I KNOW that it couldnt happen especially if i was driving. i think ive only seen one forum and i think its an f150 one that condones street racing and if any member posts something of that sort, it gets deleted right away. look up bay area racing on youtube....that will definitely boil your blood...very good point on even in a controlled enviro things can go wrong...when i watch dyno vids and see the straps tighten and loosen...i think DAM what if it broke!
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I don't understand your comments about your expensive cars and what not. It comes off like you're bragging but then you say "who cares?" so it's really confusing. What's your point? Or are you just trying to confuse me? LOL.

Yeah street racing is illegal and stupid and usually unsafe, but sometimes it's not really that unsafe. I've gone over 160mph on the street before, which is incredibly stupid, and I would never do that again(or even close to it). You learn through experience. I've had a few close calls and had some friends that got into trouble and realize that you just simply don't screw around on the street at certain times. What really woke me up was a few close calls where I almost hurt passengers in my car or almost hit other cars on the street. But I still sometimes do burnouts, will race from a stoplight, speed, etc. I just evaluate the situation first now. Sometimes you have a stretch of road with no side streets, nobody around, etc. with no possibility of hurting anyone else. And if the worst I can do is get a ticket or hurt myself then I can deal with the consequences if something happens. Regardless of what you say, I'm sure you do some things in the car that are illegal.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Color: white
Rep:650
chefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to behold

what's funny is I'v watched alot of the bay area racing online since i live in the bay area..they seem to do alot of racing by the docks (shows the bay bridge in background) and they seem to do it frequently which I'm surprised that law enforcement isn't out there..on the other hand, that location is totally out of the way of any regular street traffic..they should just make that a drag strip..
Old 12-07-2012, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I don't understand your comments about your expensive cars and what not. It comes off like you're bragging but then you say "who cares?" so it's really confusing. What's your point? Or are you just trying to confuse me? LOL.

Yeah street racing is illegal and stupid and usually unsafe, but sometimes it's not really that unsafe. I've gone over 160mph on the street before, which is incredibly stupid, and I would never do that again(or even close to it). You learn through experience. I've had a few close calls and had some friends that got into trouble and realize that you just simply don't screw around on the street at certain times. What really woke me up was a few close calls where I almost hurt passengers in my car or almost hit other cars on the street. But I still sometimes do burnouts, will race from a stoplight, speed, etc. I just evaluate the situation first now. Sometimes you have a stretch of road with no side streets, nobody around, etc. with no possibility of hurting anyone else. And if the worst I can do is get a ticket or hurt myself then I can deal with the consequences if something happens. Regardless of what you say, I'm sure you do some things in the car that are illegal.
I agree with Sean, if you are the only one who can get hurt or in trouble, i say eff it.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:49 PM

Someone made a 1/2 azz comment about not having enough money from my Kool Aid stand to afford to mod my truck...so my point was the poster's clear ignorance, as just one of my cars cost more than some people's house. Not that I care, at all, and it doesn't mean sh!te, just illustrative of how stupid the poster's comment was.

I'm all for doing stupid stuff solely and wholly at your own personal expense, but like I reminded my wife last night, sometimes those "misadventures" jeopardize the safety of first responders (amateur mountain climbers, etc.). That doesn't apply here, but while we're discussing the Darwinian Theory of Natural Selection, in addition to karma, I just thought I'd mention it...

Spinning out of the track hurts your pride, losing it on the street can have a whole other set of consequences besides that. Not preaching...just say'n is all.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:139
SnoylCC5 will become famous soon enoughSnoylCC5 will become famous soon enough

To Griffin or whoever... i was the one that started this whole topic on you and i will tell you the reason why. Everytime i see you post something it is just negative towards the OP and should not be posted in the first place. If someone on this forum would like to gloat about the fact that they beat an F-150 in a street race (we all know street racing is stupid and that is beside the fact) then they have every right to do that, the title of this section is "kills and more kills".

I brought it up because i am tired of seeing your derogatory and negative comments on others users, just like everyone else is. That is why after i said that a few other users jumped on this thread and started saying the same things. If you like this forum, then have fun on it, dont make other people feel bad because they did something that you disagree with.

As far as the "kool-aid stand" comment, RadioFlyer was poking fun at your name and information, mostly because like me, he is tired of some of your comments. As for your $110k car, just because we know what SRT is you think that we dont know what AMG is?? That is a moronic statement to make seeing that you dont know what people knowledge level on here may be, just like we dont know what your knowledge level is.

All I'M saying, quit posting negative comments on peoples threads (thats why your comments are always deleted), and stop PREACHING to us about the dangers of street racing... just say'n is all

Mods: Debadged, plasti-dip all chrome, 2.5" leveling kit, 10000k HID's, Superchips Flashpaq 3865, red interior LED's
Soon to come: 6" suspension lift, 35" or 37" tires, New rims (undecided), 5% tint all around, LED tailgate bar
Closed Thread