DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 3500
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
SASKRT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud67 View Post
I hope the map update will help and if that doesn't work I hope the option changes that the dealership tech tries will work. After that, if nothing works, I think I will try and see if the dealer will not replace the unit with a 430N.
I haven't driven the van after the map update...but I put in a destination that was north of me and it wanted me to head south first...to get to "verified roads"...I imagine

I will put it to the test over the holidays but it looks like I am now VERY interested in the steps the dealer uses to make the RHR better.

Even it you don`t get the steps, let me know if it works. I could have my dealer talk to your dealer...
Old 12-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Spud67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplehorn View Post
What are the acutal differences between the 730N and the 430N?
I am not sure of all the differences between the 730N and the 430N but I do know the 430N has a Garmin based GPS and it works 1000 times better than the navigation on the 730N.

SASKRT - I will let you know how it turns out.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
triplehorn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am not sure of all the differences between the 730N and the 430N but I do know the 430N has a Garmin based GPS and it works 1000 times better than the navigation on the 730N.

SASKRT - I will let you know how it turns out.
I asked the parts folks if they could tell me the differences. They said all they could tell me was what units could be put in certain vehicles. Numbers crunchers.... They told me the sales people would be able to tell me the differences. right.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 2500 Longhorn
Color: Burgundy
Wilf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am ready to get rid of the Dodge and go buy a Ford or GM just because of this piece of crap navigation system.

MYGIG NAVIGATION SYSTEMS IN CHRYSLER VEHICLES SUCK.

Here we are as the general public, buying the vehicles we want, just bend over and take it up the tail pipe.

From one very pissed off and frustrated Doage Ram 1500 Longhorn owner.
The GM nav makes the 730N look amazing! In my GM, I've missed a turn on a city street and, rather than have me turn down the next side-street to get back to where I should be, the NAV has asked me to complete a 10Km (6mi) long loop! The routing on the GM NAV is nearly useless most of the time.

GM has one other 'feature': I've updated the maps 2 times and each time, without warning, months of stored address book entries have simply been erased.

Everyone I know with a GM NAV has the same observations.

As I understand, most routing algorithms place a "cost" on the components (# lanes, posted speed, intersections, etc.) of a route and attempt to find the "least costly" route.

From your investigation, it seems the problem is two-fold: 1) the 730N places an undue "routing-cost" for "un-verified" streets, and 2) NAVTEQ has flagged too many streets as "un-verified".

#1 If the problem on the 730N is indeed simply a result of a programming flag that places an undue "routing-cost" for "un-verified" streets then has anyone with some programming experience attempted to locate and change the value? (while they're at it maybe also remove the moving-vehicle nonsense that tries to protect us from ourselves).

#2 It seems NAVTEQ generates the maps and presumably flags streets as verified or unverified. Does NAVTEQ have any process whereby users can submit field observations that would lead to unverified streets becoming verified?

Wilf.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
#1 If the problem on the 730N is indeed simply a result of a programming flag that places an undue "routing-cost" for "un-verified" streets then has anyone with some programming experience attempted to locate and change the value? (while they're at it maybe also remove the moving-vehicle nonsense that tries to protect us from ourselves).
http://www.hsperformance.com/store/d...lock-code.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilf View Post
#2 It seems NAVTEQ generates the maps and presumably flags streets as verified or unverified. Does NAVTEQ have any process whereby users can submit field observations that would lead to unverified streets becoming verified?
I would be happy with the capability to customize the NAV choosing myself whether or not i'd like them to protect me from myself.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Link detailing 2012 radio options:
http://www.allpar.com/stereo/2012.html
Old 12-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the BIGGEST gripe that i have with my RER 730N, which seems to have continued on with the RHR 730N, is that when you get to a larger Metro area, the NAVTEQ mapping does not give you the option of going through the Downtown (slower) route, or using the BYPASS or LOOP route.

I was looking at the Ram Harman Kardon 2013 Next Generation radios & it read that the new Uconnect 2 radios gives you alternative routing choices.
So maybe they realized their mistakes in the past
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Hello all. I was paid back by the dealership for the Navteq map update, because of the issues I raised with them and nothing has been resolved so far. I am still waiting for the map update disks to arrive from navteq but I did receive and email that they were shipped Jan. 15.
Due to a major snow storm I was not able to make it to Regina for the Jan. 11 service appointment and it is now rebooked for Jan. 25. I hope to have the map update when I go to the dealership on the 25th and I relaly hope things get resolved.
Over a year and finally something is getting done. If this doesn't solve the issue I will not give up until this unit is fixed or replaced.

Last edited by Spud67; 01-16-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Hi again. Today i received the 2013 Map Update from Navteq and installed it.
Just as I assumed would happen, with update installed, nothing changed in the routing problems this unit has. It still wants to take me through the US for a destination that is in Canada. I still have an appointment with the service department at eh dealership on Friday, maybe then the service tech will be able to resolve these issues.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Hello all. I am back from the dealership and they tell me there is nothing they can do for this garbage navigation system. They checked a few other units on the lot that have the 730N radio installed and they routed the same way this one does. It is the nature of this piece of crap radio.

I am still getting the usual run around, Chrysler tells me it is a problem with MyGig, then MyGig tells me it is a decision at Chrysler to only use the verified roads. We need to have Chrysler issue a request to MyGig and have the data usage changed on these radios for the navigation. Then Chrysler can issue a service bulletin to have the change put into all the 730N equiped vehicles. I know there are alot out there from Chrysler and lots of unhappy people with the 730N.

I am not done with this, it has been over one year and nothing has been resoved. Triple Seven Chrysler has been trying but they are stuck in the middle and can not do anything. I thank them for being willing to help.