DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
beerrunner is on a distinguished road
Default After market taillight codes

So I'm not sure if this has come up and I'm just to much of a newb to find it but I've had recon tail lights on my 2010 dodge ram 1500 for the last 2 years and now that its 3000 km over warranty I'm getting a bunch of fault codes from them and my display by my dash cluster has gone black twice now and my dealer is telling me its because it is being over whelmed with codes from my tail lights so I had them print off the most recent list and the codes are b1298-25 PTA sensor 11- signal shape/ wave form failure and b1295-25 PTA sensor 8- signal shape / wave form failure and b1297-25 pts sensor 10-signal shape/ wave for failure and b1669 reverse lamp control circuit open any ideas I spent a lot of money on these tail lights and would like to keep them also hate having to pay 50 bucks at dodge to get my codes cleared any help would be appreciated
And sorry if this is posted in the wrong place I'm very new at this
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

While the B1669 MIGHT be caused by your tail lights, the "overwhelmed with codes from your tail lights" is complete bullshit. The other codes you have are from the ParkTronics system and have nothing to do with tail light operation (ParkTronics has its own control module) or your cluster going out. Has there been any kind of damage to the rear of the truck?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

The only damage somebody hit my rear passenger side but all they did was scrape some paint off the corner of my bumper so would it be worth changing that module to see if it goes away?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I have another print out of previous codes so I will post those in a bit
Old 12-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Ok so the service report from before says after finishing tune up noticed the centre evic/dash display was not working check codes b1629 can cargo lamp circuit open. V0164 stored lost communication with havoc control module b1296-25 active pts sensor 9signal shape waveform failure b1295-25 active pts sensor8 signal shape waveform failure b1298-25 active pts sensor 11 signal shape/ waveform failure b1669 active reverse lamp control circuit open hooked up and scanned and noticed multiple codes erased codes road test everything is working and seems ok now only active codes are the ones for the reverse circuit sensor open which are caused by the bulbs he has in the reverse circuit........ I don't know a lot about vehicle wiring but I am a maintenance electrician in the oilfield and we do use a lot of electronics and what I find with the stuff we use is if its been there for 2 years and its still working its not usually the problem. And the LEDs are probably going to draw less wattage then the stock bulbs so its not like they are going to put more strain and over heat the system so I can't see why they would all of a sudden be the problem when there seem to be a lot of other issues electronically in this truck also I'm currently on my third stock stereo unit cause they keep having issues granted the replacements are refurbished units. Is there something he could have done when doing the tune up that would have caused that evic display to not work? I'm just at a loss with the truck I didn't have hardly any issue until all of a sudden 64000 km and now I'm having a bunch of electronic issues might be Time to trade her in even though its been a great truck. Any help would be appreciated as like I said I don't know a lot about the trucks and the codes just how I think it should work lol

Last edited by beerrunner; 12-29-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Adding