DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I too have zero leaks during rain, washing and the like.

Grub out!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 AM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
It is a bit off subject, but
do your Ram Boxes leak during heavy rain, or did they finally fix that issue for the 2012s
Never had a problem with my 2009
Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport Reg Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:186
rdsabin has a spectacular aura aboutrdsabin has a spectacular aura about

My 12 doesn't leak even going through car wash. You do have to make sure that you shut it so that the 2nd lock setting engages. It is similar to the old cars in that close lightly it is hooked but you can still move it up and down a little. Push it further and you feel the 2nd lock setting engages and there is no movement of the lid then.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsabin View Post
My 12 doesn't leak even going through car wash. You do have to make sure that you shut it so that the 2nd lock setting engages. It is similar to the old cars in that close lightly it is hooked but you can still move it up and down a little. Push it further and you feel the 2nd lock setting engages and there is no movement of the lid then.
That in bold is the secret right there.

I didn't latch one side of my box fully one time during a bath and did have some standing water inside all compartments. I was worried that it was a manufacturer's fault and the truck needed a visit back to the dealership.

I quickly discovered the quick/operator error fix.

Grub out!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal
Rep:10
w30fan is on a distinguished road

super old thread. But i completed my rambox power lock retrofit. Some parts from the dealer, some from ebay and some made by me. Was pretty simple and works flawlessly (some trial and error). But i'm happy with the results. Not sure how many 2011 rams have the retrofit but id like to think mine is the only one (probably not)! Anyway if you are reading this and want to attempt, let me know or even shoot me an email (pbert70@yahoo.com)

Last edited by w30fan; 03-23-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:15 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 4X4 Crew CAb
Trim Level: LoneStar Rambox
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:74
ghorn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
It is a bit off subject, but
do your Ram Boxes leak during heavy rain, or did they finally fix that issue for the 2012s
My Ramboxes did not close as tightly as I wished, so I readjusted the latch-loop inside the box by loosening the 10 m/m screws and resetting the latch. Make certain the "second" latch completely engages so as to slightly compress the weather seal.
No leaks.

w30fan.... I want to add the remote locks. Can you tell us the list of parts you used?
Old 03-23-2014, 11:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal
Rep:10
w30fan is on a distinguished road
Default rambox locks

I used part # 68206065AA qnty 2 (harness) I only bought these for the use of the the rubber boot for the wiring. I couldnt find anything similar. bought 2 of #68203527AA. These are the lock cylinders only and have to be keyed to your original key. bought 2 of #68144152AC. These are the housings that the cylinder goes into. Those are the dealer supplied parts. The 2 actuators i got on ebay for about $27 for the pair. The cover for all the parts i made out of metal and had it powder coated. it looks decent i guess. Everything else is wires, automotive wire connectors (so it looks factory), screws, time, and patience from my wife. I connected to the power tailgate lock harness. I had to modify my original latch and make a piece that screws to the bottom of the cylinder that comes in contact with the latch which pushes the latch. It was actually a fun project.

Last edited by w30fan; 03-24-2014 at 02:07 AM.