DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: hunter green
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
sylster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sylster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Really hope this is a joke, new Silverado's are seriously under powered.

Sucks to see that happen bud, considering he T-Boned you by running a light don't see why you'd be at fault on that one, hopefully his insurance covers it. Glad you're safe
I hope to hell the chevy thing is a joke or that guy is in the WRONG forum....or just trolling.....just ignore him haha....like all the chevy guys at work...that I keep seeing in my REAR view mirror as I leave them in the dust.

It was an uncontrolled intersection in a small town...no stop sighns, no yield signs NOTHING.....he hit me on the left at the intersection so law states he is at fault for not yielding to incoming traffic from the right at an uncontrolled intersection....now the insurance battle begins...he is not from my province so it could be a pain to get anything resolved quickly.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

i am betting that is totaled, i don't think you can have a tire knocked off with out the frame being pretty damaged. glad you are all ok.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:37 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:64
Rescue1 will become famous soon enough

If they total it make sure you get to it before it's gone and get your personal stuff, then put junk rims on and sell the good ones..
Old 01-01-2013, 05:41 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat
Rep:41
SweetLeaf is on a distinguished road

I know what it is like to be in a accident.....IT SUCKS!! Dealing with insurance, cops, adjusters and in my case lawyers back in 2004.

It took me 7 years to settle my lawsuit against him. Then thats how I got my truck

Just glad ur ok, the truck can be replaced, you can't
Old 01-02-2013, 11:58 AM

Well, here's the latest....The adjusters only estimated 8300$ worth of damages. Looking at the "parts list" I doubt they went in to too much details. According to the body/mechanical shop it's going to be more. They have not looked at the frame or anything like that I presume. It's all "cosmetic" and a few undercarriage parts that were "obvious" to see. I bet the bill climbs way higher once they start removing the busted pieces. The bad news...at least 7 days before it even sees the inside of the shop....and then....who knows how long it'll be for the truck to be repaired. It pisses me off how they put "refinish" the back bumper...It's never right when you resurface plastic and they ALWAYS try to get away with it....They are gonna have a fight on their hands if they think I'm gonna accept anything less than perfection.....

And....The other guy's insurances has yet to contact mine.....so that kinda leaves a bad taste in mouth mouth....I can se the writing on that wall

Oh well....not much I can do but wait and deal with the issues has they come up I guess

S.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

if it is a good shop, you won't be able to tell it was in an mva. i don't know how canada works, but you need to look into diminished value with your ins company. as this will show up on car fax.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:06 AM

9 days at the body shop and it hasn't even seen the inside of the building yet....MAYBE by next Tuesday they say....what a load of crap....AND the other moron is not contacting his insurance company.....so it's stalled. Police report means nothing ....until they talk to their client they say... WHAT B.S.!! 30 days I could end up waiting to get his insurances to pay my rental and the repairs which at this point won't be done for another month.....

Why is it that people can be so F$%^$# up and not take responsibility....not like he can say it didn't happen.....

I HATE waiting....specially on stupid people...and stupid insurance dumb ass ways of dealing with things.....

Sorry...needed to vent a bit

S.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

This totally sucks! I truly feel for you as I had my 2010 damaged 1-1/2 years ago (No where near as bad) and I felt sick about it.

In my case being that it was hit and run my insurance took care of everything, and I'll be honest, they did me good as did my dealers body shop.

Here in Manitoba our automotive insurance is supplied (mandatory) by the province. I thought Saskatchewan was the same? Do you not have to insure through SGI ?? I know in our case if the other party does not contact them in a reasonable time frame my vehicle would be taken care of and the government insurance would take care of slapping the other party.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
HULK3D is on a distinguished road

Sorry my friend I feel your pain. It was last year around this time my 2002 dodge ram was totaled. I hope all goes well for you on this. Hopefully in a month this will all be a bad thing of the past.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Here in Manitoba our automotive insurance is supplied (mandatory) by the province. I thought Saskatchewan was the same? Do you not have to insure through SGI ?? I know in our case if the other party does not contact them in a reasonable time frame my vehicle would be taken care of and the government insurance would take care of slapping the other party.
It is, and the other guy IS from Manitoba, but the Manitoba insurance people say they MUST hear or have contact with their client in order to do anything....which I find ridiculous...why should I have to wait on HIM. I have the police report and all the info...I figured it would be their problem to contact him....just pay SGI already and get me on the road. If he doesn't contact them in 30 then it goes ahead...BUT....in the meantime I'm on the hook for the rental and everything else...and add to that my loss of use is 1000$ total...that doesn't cover the month nor the wait time to get the truck fixed, which seems will take a painful amount of time.

I'm not a patient man in the best of times, but this is driving me nuts....I have to be at their mercy....and just hurry up and wait.....what a bunch of B.S.

S.