DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram sport quad cab
Trim Level: sport
Color: blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
tachel403 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation 2011 ram lift advice asap

Okay so i thought i would go with a zone 4" lift at first but compared to the skyjacker, the parts just look inferior and less reliable. also then comes the procomp lift which only comes in 6". here is my questions i need answered asap.

is there any problems with gearing from the 4" to the 6" (i have a 2011 ram sport4x4).

do you recommend switching shocks and which ones would you switch them to?

which lift kit is the best for quality and price? im looking to stay around 1800-2100$

last but not least 4" or 6" and why?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

ProComp all the way with either bilsteins or prorunners, here is what i did to my truck, (i originally had the RCX rear however i have since switched it back to the procomp rear) I love this setup, i have no gear issues except i still have 3.55's which is no big deal just not alot of get up and go with big ol 37's lol. Like i said this is my set up it is my preferrence i sell this set up all day long and have never heard any complaints, another great setup that alot of members here run is FastNugly's setup which is also very nice and i have not heard many issues, additionally i have no 4x4 wobble and my angles are still the same as stock maybe even a little better, i do have a little rake but that is the way i like it, to avoid this just dont add the rear coil spacer, but enough about blabbing lol, here we go with the copy and paste

So i am lifting my truck, parts ordered delivered and truck and lift is at the shop as of today and will be back wensday afternoon.

I am having a "custom" pro comp 6in lift installed
Base Kit k2082B
Front shocks Procomp ProRunner adjustable zx-20014 set to 2.75
no preload strut spacer in the front.

in the back i am going to run
coils from 6in RCX lift
1.5in performance accessories rear coil spacer
procomp prorunner zx20001 rear shocks.

shout outs to everyone in the COMPLETE build section for helping me make my decisions it has been a long process getting to this point
person in particular THANKS fastnugly!! and anyone else who has helped.

I am also using a 1.5in hub centric wheel spacer to allow me to run my factory wheels untill my new wheels and tires get here.

After my wheels and tires get here and installed i am going to have a 3in performance accessories body lift with gap gaurds installed.
Before Pics

wheels are XD778 Monster

tires are going to be nitto 37x12.5(still deciding on dunes or terra grapplers

You can find my complete build log here lots of pics, build log from day i picked it out at the lot untill now.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=121733

Hope this help

Oh 6" becuase its only $100-$200 more lol

additionally when you decide what you want to go with i would be more than happy to get a quote, i can almost always beet any price on procomp, bds, and skyjacker lifts.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 PM

thankyou for your advice,now for prices im looking at 1890$ for a 4" sky jacker from a dealer here in my city, and for the 6" procomp it would be 1849$. i do live in canada but have a mailing address in maine right at the border. . so now question is if i go with the 6" do 35"s look ok? or will i need 37's for it to look good. otherwise ill go with the 4" with 35" tires. id like to keep the stock rims, so would i also be able to get the wheel spacers you are talking about? are those needed for only the6" kit or also the 4" sky jacker?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about

Out of those OP no doubt about it go ProComp. How much more is the 6" skyjacker. The 35s will be fine. My dealers install 6" Procomps with 35s on all theirs....
Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 PM

ok sounds good, im ordering everythign tonight, what offset or back spacing do i need on my wheels, is the last question , i was lookign at 20x9x 5x5.5 with -12 is that gonna work?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:56 AM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: sport fully loaded
Color: charcoal grey
Rep:108
chadster21 will become famous soon enoughchadster21 will become famous soon enough

That offset is perfect
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadster21 View Post
That offset is perfect
What ^^^he^^^ said

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!