DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jaybird07 is on a distinguished road
Default Will my battery handle the power?

hey there,
i was just curious about my stock battery in my 2011 Ram sport regular cab.. im about to install two JL 10w3v3 subs with an alpine PDX-m12 amp, which was tested at just under 1400 watts rms. Will the stock battery in my truck be sufficient enough? will i have to upgrade? will doing the big 3 upgrade help?
thanks.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
jkelly is on a distinguished road
Default RES to RBZ swap

Hey all, I know this has been beat to death but i can't seem to find a firm answer. I just purchased an RBZ high speed bus (4678) from ebay. My question is once I install it into my 2012 Ram do I need to go to the dealer and have the PCM flashed for the thing to work? I don't have a back up camera. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to freak out once I get it installed. Thanks!!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Color: Green
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
SilentShooter is on a distinguished road

I just got a 2001 extended cab 1500. I installed an alpine head unit, Rockford amp and 6.5 components in the front. I need something to fix the lacks bass. What seems to b๊te est setup specifically? Which box undertaker ear seat? Which subs work bet with what in these cabs? I don't ha time to build anything and don't know anyone in my area who can either. Needs some advice on brands and models that have worked well in trucks like mine.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram TRX4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: RED
prican2000 is on a distinguished road

Guys I've searched thru approximately 20 pages and cannot figure out for the life of me what I need. I have a 2006 Quad cab 1500 with the Infinity System and I want to install an Aftermarket Nav - I want to bypass the Infinity Amp so what harness would I need? If I bypass the OEM amp, I want to wire the speakers directly to the Headunit - how can I do that? Any additional information for my planned set-up would be very much appreciated. I havent decided on which Nav Headunit or speakers to install so if you want to share on with those recommendations - that would also be appreciated. Additionally, I plan on installing a rear underseat subwoofer in the near future as well - so I pretty much want to do a complete Audio Make-over but without breaking the bank and or do it in phases that make sense.

THANKS
Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
kozzy is on a distinguished road

Prican,

Check pac-audio.com for your adapters...as for head units, I think pioneer is top notch. That's what I have and I love it...speakers and amps check out JL Audio..

Good luck
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram TRX4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: RED
prican2000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Prican,

Check pac-audio.com for your adapters...as for head units, I think pioneer is top notch. That's what I have and I love it...speakers and amps check out JL Audio..

Good luck
THANKS Kozzy, I'm Aware of the PAC-Audio website and products, my question was more to the specificity of the install.

For Example, in my 300C I had to access the OEM Kicker Amp and cut the wiring harness "AFTER" the Amp in order to access the speaker wires that ran through out the car, so those speakers are powered through the headunit.

So I want the Speakers in the Ram to be powered from the Nav unit that I am getting ready to install and "NOT" from the OEM Infinity Amp. So will the Amp By-Pass (really By Passes the OEM Amp) and actually still power the interior speakers from the headunit that I am getting ready to install???

Why would I got with the Pac-Audio stuff instead of the Axxess CHTO-02?
Are there any tips or tricks I should be aware of?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Quad ThunderRoad
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:12
WVRAM06 is on a distinguished road

Just an opinion but I like 8's, always have. My style of music give me a tight hard hit without rumble. I did two under the rear in a custom box and two down fires under the front seats, sealed enclosures of course. I like ported but space only gives you soo many options.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
kozzy is on a distinguished road

Prican,
Cant help you with an answer on weather that adaptor really bypasses the amp. I knew I would be putting all aftermakret stuff in my truck, so I got it with just the basic 6 speaker system.

As far as the PAC audio over the Axxess, IMO the quality and functionality of the PAC stuff is better. I used the Axxess adaptor in my impala, and it felt like junk, and I had to exchange it twice uintil I got it all working correctly. I am on my second install with the PAC AUDIO adaptors, and they have worked great. One of them, I just wanted an updated software version, it was out of warranty, and PAC replaced it for me no charge.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab Sport
RamSport84 is on a distinguished road

I've decided that I'm going to install a system in my truck, starting with a pair of subs and some components up front. I'll be running a pair of Focal P25 DB's powered by an Audison SR 1D. The components will be a set of Focal 165 A1 for the front running off the factory deck. I will be disconnecting the center dash speaker as well.

Question I have is what are my options for rear replacements? I was thinking of getting a second set of the 165's but was warned against running a component system in the rear. is there any validity to this? also, where would the best place be to install the crossovers? Thank you once again guru's
Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:27
OfcrFr is on a distinguished road

Okay I have read through this a while back and I know I saw some similar answers but cant find them again lol. So here is my question... I have an 07 CC with the stock 4 speaker set up. I would like to keep the OEM head unit but I understand that is probably not going to happen. I want to upgrade the speakers through out and a 10in sub under the rear seat. I dont want to shake peoples walls as I drive by but more a clean sound with some good base inside. What all will I more than likely need to upgrade my system? I do use XM all the time so if I change my head unit I will need to keep that function. Im open to alot of solutions so throw them at me!