DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1713
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Wow totalled the other truck and yours looks like that and no one got hurt that is amazing. When it gets fixed take it easy slow down and stay safe.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

glad that everyone is OK.

Like has been said before trucks can be fixed or replaced. that isn't so easy to do with people.

Hopefully you'll consider this an expensive learning experience...You now know what you should not be doing when it's raining...

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
acs0424 is on a distinguished road

No reason to get yourself or someone else hurt or killed because you'd be late for school. Slow down man. Rams handle good but they ain't sports cars. In any case it's good everyone involved is okay.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 4x4 Crew-Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black over Grey
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:31
Hardware is on a distinguished road

That windshield decal.

Irony!
MODS: BAKFlip F1; Head Rack; WeatherTech mud-flaps, vent visors & bug deflector; Cabella's rear seat cover; cabin air filter; Geno's Grill Quick Release Kit, PIAA Xtreme headlamps (Highs, Lows and Foglamps), WeatherTech DigitalFit Floorliners.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram quad cab
Color: black
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
josh.wendover is on a distinguished road

wow! im running 2 inch wheel spacers right now. any suggestions whether i should take them off or not.... ive heard alot of good and alot of bad about wheel spacers but it looks so good.!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: '12 Ram Sport CC / '02 Durango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:154
emjohn4 has a spectacular aura aboutemjohn4 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley View Post
my insurance is now gonna be hellacious because i got my intermediate license about 2 months ago soooo not a very good look
A 16 y/o in a 40k truck? Wow....

Don't mean to bust your balls - but if you can afford your truck, you can afford the insurance.

It's pretty much a fact of life for a new driver - you're going to over estimate your capabilities and ding something. Just be glad no one got hurt in the accident.

Best thing you can do is learn from this experience.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Color: Tan Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
Jolley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjohn4 View Post
A 16 y/o in a 40k truck? Wow....

Don't mean to bust your balls - but if you can afford your truck, you can afford the insurance.

It's pretty much a fact of life for a new driver - you're going to over estimate your capabilities and ding something. Just be glad no one got hurt in the accident.

Best thing you can do is learn from this experience.
Yea I'm slowing down from now on

But about the truck it was passed down from my great grandpa who had just bought it a little before he passed so I got lucky to get the truck ha
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 5.9 diesel
Trim Level: QUAD CAB SLT 4X4
Color: white
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:80
dwanton will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley View Post
Yea I'm slowing down from now on

But about the truck it was passed down from my great grandpa who had just bought it a little before he passed so I got lucky to get the truck ha
that is awsome your granpa left you his truck -- now when you get it back -- respect it like he would of .

maybe replace that decal on the windshield with in memory your your grandpa's name .

I hope they dont total the truck on you -- its a good looking truck and has sentimental value to you !

oh yea -- shit happens -- just learn from it
Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright white
Rep:435
Outlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really nice

I had a H-O collision back in 02 when I was 18. Looking too far ahead making a turn and didnt see a minivan headed my way. I was driving a 2nd gen Dakota with a 4-cyl in it. That's prolly what saved my bacon. The extra crumple space in front of the engine.

Glad your safe dude but like was previously stated slow down. I'm a trucker so I drive alot. A good rule to remember is the speed limit is typically under ideal conditions, not inclement weather.

Peace out
Chris

Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Conventional Eccentric

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:220
highlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura abouthighlandchef has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanton View Post
that is awsome your granpa left you his truck -- now when you get it back -- respect it like he would of .
Exactly what I was thinking when I read this thread. I must admit, if I was your Dad, I would have parked the truck and put you in a $2000 beater until you showed the necessary maturity. Not just because you had an accident; I don't think any 16 yo young man has that level of maturity. I remember what it was like to be 16.

More importantly, I'm glad you're OK and thank goodness you didn't hurt anyone. This is a lot of truck for someone who is 16, especially with the Hemi. It could have been a lot worse.

Your insurance question, whether your insurance will cover the mods, is not straight forward. It differs from company to company and state to state but you will likely be OK; your mods are fairly minor. You should inform your insurance if you modify your truck; this way the mods are on record. If the mods are expensive it may require additional premium for them to be covered. Make sure you keep receipts. However, engine mods are usually not covered and can actually prevent you from getting regular insurance. Again it differs from company to company and state to state. If you do really heavy mods you may need to go with specialty insurance. This insurance is usually agreed value. Depending on the use of the vehicle it can be fairly cheap or incredibly expensive.

PS. By the way Jolley, lose that stupid sticker on the windshield. All it does is show your immaturity.

Disclaimer: I'm getting old and my opinions will reflect that fact!

Last edited by highlandchef; 01-16-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Added PS