DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough

Wow, fast crew 4x4, I am waiting, maybe two more days and my tank will be empty. I then will try the 91 octane tune and see how she does. I gotta be fair and see what they can do, maybe just a glitch or something. I think I will try buying a Hemifever tune also after everything I have heard.
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:650
chefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to behold

keep giving Diablo your feedback as i know the 4th gen pcm's are alot tougher nut to crack. and yes, you can always use higher octane with whatever tune you choose, just don't go lower. I was in same boat with my predator when I first got it years ago for my 05.. I think the canned tune is runnin fat from the gitgo which may seem slower when startin off... if you can monitor a/f ratio, see if it's running fat at idle and part throttle..
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT: 12.107 @ 113.960 MPH
Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
gr8ridn is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue with the oil pressure gauge, it stays at 11.6 PSI. After a bit of experimenting I deleted the oil pressure gauge and renewed it with a small radial gauge without setting low and high limits. This produced a different looking small gauge but it does report the changing oil pressure. This is a work around until this bug is corrected. Like you I have the basic cluster and enjoy having the same gauges displayed as you chose. Keep us informed on the Diablo response.

((Finally the monitoring guages are nice especially when you have the base gauges in the express, so now I can monitor things like, oil pressure, oil temp, tranny temp, and voltage. Gauges I all really like to have, but don't get except in special sports cars, or race cars. When I adjust the oil pressure gauge it just says 11.6 psi and freezes. All the other guages seem to work fine when programming them.))
Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 AM

Ok, DiabloSport sent me an email today saying that they have passed on this information to the Engineering Department.

Will wait a day or two to see if they contact me back, or I will email them and ask them what the deal is!
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes
Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkreit01 View Post
I really don't understand the "87" tune either --- when 89 is "recommended" for all 5.7 Hemis.
Excellent point.

Kudos.

Grub out!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: slt big horn
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
mattman13 is on a distinguished road

-89 is recommended due to timing and spark stock. When you upload the 87 tune from the trinity it adjusts the timing to make 87 acceptable. One of the reasons I bought it (my company pays for my gas but would complain about me buying higher grade)
-The tire size issue has been discussed by many. Me and a few members on another forum have figured out that even though it says "tire size update failed" It is indeed actually changing your speedometer. Confirmed with gps. Although to get my speedo dead nuts on with my 35" tires I had to put the trinity to 33.5" diameter.
-I do think something is wrong though because even with 87 tune the torque management being barely there and small gain in power was really noticeable. So much that I couldn't justify running the 93 after I compared the 2.

SPONSORED BY: bULLY'S pERFORMANCE
Old 01-19-2013, 03:42 AM

Well overall it comes down to this, sooner or later I am sure they will work out the bugs, and you gotta have the tuner if you want to mod your truck even if you get it custom tuned. With speed density tuning you can only do a little before you go beyond the limits of the computer tune and start throwing codes. I just think that DiabloSports tunes are way too timid, and they should have the capabilities to set all the parameters yourself, like they have done on the earlier Preadators!