DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 1ST Generation Dodge Ram 1993 & Older Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 1st Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
goingcrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Parts interchange

I've come to the conclusion that if you need parts for anything older than 94 you have to go to junkyards or craigslist. I have a 1980 W200 4x4 with a D44 front and D60 rear. I want to lift it and put 35's on it eventually but I need to get the mechanical stuff fixed first.

I need to know what years are a direct swap for certain parts. I need a new seat, window and door latch hardware for both doors, grill, tail light housings and dash stuff.

I know on Ford that you can swap the seats from 73-97 and they are all direct fit. Are the Dodges the same way and if so what years? I want a bench like the early 90's had with the center section that flips down for an armrest. Found a few on CL for $100-150 but would hate to buy one and find out it doesn't fit without modding the seat or the floor.

I have an 80 with a decent grill but it is showing it's age so I was thinking of swapping for like a mid 80's grill. I really love the grill my step-dads 87 Ram had.

None of my gauges work and I'm guessing the back of the cluster would fall apart if removed. I've considered the option of a sheet metal gauge housing with Autometer gauges but want to keep my options open as funds are limited and the stock cluster from a junk yard is a cheaper option.

I found a few 2500 Rams being parted out and was wondering if there are any suspension or steering parts that would be an upgrade for the older W200 stuff I have now? My power steering pump leaks bad and goes through a quart of fluid a day.

What about the brake setup from a newer Dodge? I have D44 front and D60 rear. Can I swap to the brakes from a newer truck or would I be better off sticking to what I have until I can afford an aftermarket setup?

Tail lights I feel are going to be limited to the years that match mine and only on the trucks not the RC.

Is the window regulator and door latch rods the same for this body style between the Ram and the RC? What years should I look for in the JY?

I'm going to the JY in the next week or two. If I can't figure it out by then I will attempt to figure out as much as I can at the yards. I will report back what I find.

Because everyone loves pics:

Sponsored links
Old 01-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Try looking at this catalog
http://www.lmctruck.com/dodge/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-20-2013, 01:22 PM

They are 94 and newer only.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 AM

Vehicle: 2001 1500/1982 D150
Trim Level: Base
Color: White
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:21
ramfam is on a distinguished road

Well dash should be almost early 70 up to 82 some of the door parts will work to 93 I think. They didn't change small stuff with the boxier trucks. The newer bench you want will work the cab didn't change in a 25 year span. Door guts should work till 93 as well as a newer front end and grill. There may needto be modification but it small. There was a guy that went the other way he put a 79 grill on a mid 80 truck.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramfam View Post
Well dash should be almost early 70 up to 82 some of the door parts will work to 93 I think. They didn't change small stuff with the boxier trucks. The newer bench you want will work the cab didn't change in a 25 year span. Door guts should work till 93 as well as a newer front end and grill. There may needto be modification but it small. There was a guy that went the other way he put a 79 grill on a mid 80 truck.
That's good to know. I will compare the years you listed for the respective parts to what I have now and see what I can figure out.

I read the thread you are talking about the other night. That was the starting point of my search. He went older grill on newer truck and had to modify the metal piece above the bumper. I wonder if it would be easier if I swap to a newer grill since he seemed to indicate a difference between the 70's and 80's and I'm staying in the 80's but going a few years newer.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

another website may have the parts,
i heard that their customer service is not the best

http://www.jimsautoparts.com/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle