DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Can my V-6 tow this?

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  wheelspinner 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram Regular Cab 2WD Pickup with the 3.7 and a 4-Speed auto Transmission with the tow package. I have a friend who has asked me if I can tow a Toyota Camry about a hundred miles with one of those tow dollies that you can rent from U-Haul. I want to do this, but I don't want to tear up my truck!

Thank you, in advance, for your reply.

Larry Campbell
Hickory, North Carolina

#9 ·
yea just like everyone else said u should be alrite just taker easy

#10 ·
My wife has a 2011 3.7 with the 215hp rating. At first I thought it was slightly anemic but within the first 5k miles it seemed to do much better. She pulls a 19 foot Huricane Deck boat fully equipped with a 150 hp Yamaha and has no problem. When not pulling she gets about 22 MPG highway and 17 city. Over all the truck gets about 20 to 21 mpg. It is a great commuter and looks really good with the 22" inch wheels and all the other stuff she has put on it. Parked next to a similar truck with a "HEMI" (hood down) you can't tell the difference. On the interstate it will cruise along at 80 without any difficulty. I however have a 4.7 in my Ram and it is without a doubt the worst I have ever had on gas.....love the truck though. I also have a 2005 Crown Vic that does 26 highway and 19 city. Rear end makes all the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.