DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RES to RBZ swap done...any updates? And I want the ram logo!

10K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  tunethis 
#1 ·
So I bought an RBZ off ebay, got it installed last night and works great. Easy install, and performs better than the RES.

I did a search, but can't find anything on 2 things I need help with. If there is already a thread that answers these, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

1. Is there a software updates for the RBZ? If so, where and how do I install them?

2. Looks like this unit was from a Chrysler. And I would much rather see the ram logo, or even dodge. Only thing I could find was some people said they had the logo change of their own. Mine hasn't changed on its own, any help there?

Thanks guys!

#2 ·
some of the RBZ 430 radios allow you to change the vehicle displayed

Jeep, Ram, Dodge, Chrysler
I believe it is in the MENU
I also believe that you can have a picture of your own choice as the logo

I also think that the RBZ 430 & the REN 430 are the same unit, so I believe the REN software works on the RBZ
double check that before updating

http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/quality/ren/

#4 ·
Load the update on a memory stick and the radio will load the update off of it. That's how I did them on my 11. You can also set your logo to a picture of your choosing.

#8 ·
Interesting, I have discoonected the battery 2 times, no luck so far.
Do you know the model number of your radio?
Mine is a P0506xxxxxx made in Sep. 2009 - so it's a little old.

I went by a dealer today and to the the backup camera code XAC flashed, also had them flash the RBZ code for the radio, but still only get the Chrysler logo splashscreen. :(

I know I can add any wallpaper photo, but I would like to have the RAM splashscreen.

#9 ·
So I bought an RBZ off ebay, got it installed last night and works great. Easy install, and performs better than the RES.

I did a search, but can't find anything on 2 things I need help with. If there is already a thread that answers these, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

1. Is there a software updates for the RBZ? If so, where and how do I install them?

2. Looks like this unit was from a Chrysler. And I would much rather see the ram logo, or even dodge. Only thing I could find was some people said they had the logo change of their own. Mine hasn't changed on its own, any help there?

Thanks guys!
Did you ever get the splashscreen to change?
What software is on the radio and did you upgrade it?
The available software upgrades depend on your unit (as I have found out)

Mine came with ver. 06.06.01 and I upgraded it to 08.05.01.

There is another update to 10.00.01, however the only ISO I have been able to find is bad, I cannot get it to successfully burn to a CD.

That is as far as I can upgrade the RBZ I have.
Radio works fine, all functions are 100%.
and at least the lights behind the buttons are green and match the rest of my dashboard.

#10 · (Edited)
you said that the RBZ 430 High Speed Radio works in your vehicle

that radio when it comes in some Jeeps, has these MODEL numbers, it is not a serial number, so it is not a sensitive number, as you can see, only the last letter is different
5064678AD ... stock in the Minivans (AD)
5064678AE ... stock in the Journey (AE)
5064678AF ... stock in the Minivans (AF after 10/19/09)
5064678AG
5064678AH
Jeep & Ram MAY have a different model number ending

VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY

2010-2013 Chrysler Town & Country
2010-2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2010 Dodge Journey
2010-2011 Dodge Nitro
2010-2012 Dodge Ram 1500 .... it should read 2009 - 2012 Ram 1500, that is when they changed to the High Speed Can Bus
2010-2012 Dodge Ram 2500
2010-2012 Dodge Ram 3500
2012-2013 Ram C/V
2010-2012 Jeep Liberty
2010-2013 Jeep Wrangler

another site to view for the RBZ/RHB radio owners manual is
http://oemautopartsco.com/collectio...products/rbz-430-mygig-touchscreen-radio-high
it comes in a PDF file
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0234/3499/files/RBZ_Manual.pdf?3598
picture files start around page 50

for software updates visit
The Gracenote data is software updatable. Visit http://
www.chrysler.com/en/owners/mygig/ or contact your
authorized dealer for the latest available software.

#11 ·
GTYankee,
If your post was directed at me, thanks for the info.

As I posted, my radio model# is 5064678AE which would indicate a Dodge Journey donor vehicle from your post.

Seems my radio is the only one that refuses to change the Chrysler splashscreen to the RAM.

Everything else appears to work fine.

I am beginning to get used to the Chrysler splashscreen. I cover it with RAM wallpaper, but still see it when the radio first boots up.
A small irritation.

#12 ·
You could possibly fix that by taking a picture of your Ram
size the photo to the radios standards, as stated on page 52 ?? of the radio manual
d/l it to the picture file on the radios hard drive
then select it as the default image

have you checked to see what other images are in that same file currently ?

#13 · (Edited)
You could possibly fix that by taking a picture of your Ram
size the photo to the radios standards, as stated on page 52 ?? of the radio manual
d/l it to the picture file on the radios hard drive
then select it as the default image

have you checked to see what other images are in that same file currently ?
I have no problem setting/changing the default image.

The default image is different than the splashscreen or the background image.
(Hopefully I am using the correct terminology.

When the radio first boots up - it says Uconnect - Chrysler.
Similar to this:

This image displays for a few seconds while booting.
On my radio, the Uconnect is larger and on top, I read that ver. 10.00.01 of the software changes the logo to this one.
This is what I refer to as "The splashscreen"
People post that their radios changed to Uconnect - RAM after install, mine has not.

After the radio is on, the background image is the chrysler logo:

A lot of people say their radios change after install from that image to this image:

Mine refuses to change.

The default image I set gets placed over the background image.
So the Chrysler logo stays under the default image.

I am getting used to it now, and have my default image always on.
I have a few that I rotate through.

I just figures that my stuff does not change. :(

Knowing that the incorrect logos are under stuff is a problem with OCD that I have to deal with. :)

#15 · (Edited)
Nick.Watkins, thanks for the response.
I have been to that website.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to update my older RBZ past 08.05.01. (it came with 06.06.01)

I have read that my older RBZ can only be upgraded to 10.01.11, but have been unable to get a good copy of that ISO.

I believe the documentation for the 33.XX upgrade requires the radio to be at ver. 13.01 or higher software, which I cannot get my radio to.

I did have the dealer flash my truck with the RBZ code when I had them flash to activate the backup camera I installed.
It still did not update the splashscreen logo.
I am learning to live with it.

#16 · (Edited)
I have the same problem with the RBZ I bought. It's an early, Mitsubishi-built 2010 model. For some reason, some of these radios just won't update the logos no matter what. It's the same for some Dodge and Jeep owners as well. It seems like it's not a software issue with these radios because I've read about plenty of people with all the various software versions and model years of RBZ radios who had the logos change. It seems like it's something going on with the way the radios were setup from the factory.

RAM owners have a different problem entirely when it comes to the older, Mitsubishi-built RBZ radios. They were built in early 2010 and back. It seems RAM wasn't its own brand when that software was in production. So, even if our Mitsubishi-built RBZ radios did have the ability to update the logos, I don't think it would because it doesn't recognize RAM vin's because the older software was created prior to the Dodge to RAM change.

It's too bad the older RBZ radios can't update to the newer software versions. If they could, it's very possible, the logos would automatically change to RAM after the update. I have not yet seen anyone mention their mid-2010+ built (2011+ model year) RBZ radios with the newer software not automatically update the logos.

One day, I may purchase a newer RBZ radio with the more feature-packed, updated software and watch the RAM logos change automatically. I do wish there was a way to go into the software on the older models, remove the Chrysler logos and replace them with the RAM logos from the newer software.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.