DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Uconnect Not Recognizing Mobile

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  namretsud 
#1 ·
Here's one for the masses...

I've got my Droid Razr Maxx tethered to the Uconnect in my RHR radio. Been working great for months. Today I decide to call my mom using voice commands only.

I push the phone button on my steering wheel and when prompted I say.. "Call Mom Mobile" (I have multiple numbers for her). Uconnect replies saying no such number exists and give me two options.. Call Work or Pager?

Turns out that Pager called her mobile number. So I am wondering why Uconnect refers to mobile (cell) numbers as Pager numbers? This is really annoying. Why would it do this and is there a way to fix it? (Yes, the numbers in my phone contact list are saved as Mobile numbers and not Pager numbers - already checked that)

When I first purchased the truck, I had a Droid Incredible 2 and it worked perfectly.. would say "Calling Mom Mobile".. not Pager. Isn't a big deal, but who on earth would think to say call pager nowadays? Knowing this fault, I can work with it.. but would LOVE to change or fix it if at all possible.

Help?! GRRR! :smiledown:

See less See more
#2 ·
The phone is what tells Uconnect the location of the number within the contact list. Then Uconnect will give that (those) location options to call.
I would try rebooting the phone, I can''t remember if on that phone the battery can be accessed. If it can, then remove the battery for a couple minutes then reinsert it. Now try it to see if the result is the same or not.
If you can't access the battery ( I know that Motorola has a couple phones that you can't), then you'll need to go into the settings menu and do a factory reset.
This usually helps when strange things start happening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.