DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
FGT Motorsport
Bayou Goat Mounts
Mopar Online Parts!

Old 08-25-2015, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RCSB 8sp/3.21 geared Ram
Trim Level: Sport lowered 4X4
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:488
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

LOL,you're gonna have to take it north soon
Old 09-11-2015, 01:13 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3308
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I have some updates! Nothing earth shattering though, a few cosmetic and convenience items. To start with I finally got my vacuum pump installed so I can vent the crankcase properly, no more road draft tube. I ended up putting it in an open space on the battery tray for now but it will have to change since it vibrates so much it's actually quite loud in the cab, probably will get mounted where I had the smog pump the first time under the passenger side bed.

Next was a pure convenience mod. I never use the cigarette lighter and in all the repeated dismantling of the center console I've done I broke one of the retainer tabs on the lighter so I picked up a BlueSea dual USB port and it only took minor work to make it fit. I took my dremel with the sanding drum and skimmed the hole, and I mean barely had to take anything out to make this fit, cut the wires and crimped on some spade connectors and done.

Lastly, I received my dual adjustable QA1 shocks as well as my Addco front sway bar which has been on back order for the past 6 months. I know for a fact that this front bar is NOT going to save weight, my god, it's a heavy bastard, but it will make a huge difference in the handling. We will now see if the Chris Alston endlinks will be able to handle it.

Going to take the truck to the strip tomorrow to see what it will run. It's not setup for the drag strip so much with only running 3.92s but I'm hoping the 28" drag radials will help in that department. It will be blower only, no meth or nitrous; AJ and I are still working on the tune so I can safely drop some nitrous into the mix the next time out.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Cheap Canadian Labour

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1915
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Any more updates happening?!?!?!? Did you get a chance to take it to the track or is it not ready for that? Inquiring minds want to know well I do anyway!!!!
Old 10-04-2015, 10:38 PM
I push the skinny pedal

CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I did go to the track, it was disappointing since I was only making 6psi before the belt started to slip at 6000rpm so I effectively had a rpm widow of 2600rpm. Times were pathetic too, best was a 13.9 with a 2.8 60ft so my launch is horrible on top of everything.

It's just more incentive to get the cam and new bracket done ASAP this winter.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:59 PM

Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

A week after you were there,there was a Viper truck with a blower,he only ran a 13.99 Kurtis.
There was some big claims made in the staging area,but he disappeared pretty fast after a low 14 sec run,then his 13.99 run.
I wanted to get a run in,beside him,but he'd disappeared by the time I went looking for him,lol
Once youre's is sorted out,it'll be another story
Old 10-18-2015, 03:17 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Update:

F1-A blower, InjectorDynamics ID1000 95lb injectors, and another Walbro 400 fuel pump ordered.

That is all.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Cheap Canadian Labour

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1915
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

that is all

Kurtis did you ever make it out to the Island this summer?
Old 10-18-2015, 03:46 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
that is all

Kurtis did you ever make it out to the Island this summer?
Yeah we did but it was a whirlwind tour that had to be cut short because i had to head back to work early and we took the wife's Caliber. After calculating the mileage we were planning to drive it would have cost me $900 just in fuel to take the truck vs the $300 in the car, plus I would have been too tempted to push it hard through the mountains, lol. I apparently took her car too far past the wife's comfort level, I can only imagine what it would have been like in the truck.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:30 PM

Hey we're waiting for pic's of the new blower,before you get it mounted

If things go right,i might stop by in the next day or so.
Let me know if you want to borrow my little mig and cutting torch.
I'm all caught up on outdoor welding projects ,so if you want to borrow them,you can probably have them for most of the winter