DODGE RAM FORUM banner

350z

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  shujat 
#1 ·
on my way to school this morning there was this 350z flying behind me and i saw him coming up so i got in his lane. we lined up at 65 roll and he had his window down giving the go sign. is it me or do our trucks have great top end? got him by a truck length at 85 and he wouldnt play anymore....:smiledown:

350z i thought could beat me? maybe he couldnt shift right?

Reactions: pupdawg
#3 ·
And the Hemi legend continues. :)

#6 ·
sean- lol ouut of steam for sure!

brad- yup its a hell of a legend to beat!

thanks pup

Michael- thanks for shattering my dreams! :( lol but no thats what i thought, friend had one and that thing was quick!

#8 ·
wow i feel like an idiot pup im sorry i totally didnt see that your name is in your sig! thank you CLAY :)

#10 ·
hey post a pic of your truck im curious on how the spy wheels look!

#12 ·
sweet, shes a beauty!! reps points your way!

#14 ·
alright that sounds good im excited to see!

#16 ·
man i am honestly scared of tundras...really, there are to many vids ive seen wih tundras smoking hemis asses... my buddies lifted tundra with 35's puts up a fight with my friends 4x4 hemi on 33's

#17 ·
I really have to agree with this.... I would be leary of racing anyone of them short of a crew cab (thats what i have). Its not so much that they are more powerful (they arent) but they dont have the type of torque management and de-tuning the hemi has! Plus they are substantially lighter than comparable trim rams.

When DS finally releases a predator i do beleive the 93 tune full exhaust and 4.10s will be something to look forward too

#18 ·
The only time I worry about a Tundra, is when I have a trailer in tow. ;)

#19 ·
lol easy for you to say Brad!

#20 ·
The main advantage that all the other trucks have over the ram is gearing. My truck shifts from 1-2 at almost 60mph, my father in law's f150 I believe makes that shift at around 40mph. Big difference there. His truck also gets about 12-13 mpg, mine gets 17 minimum. And mine is still faster.

#22 ·
so Sean your saying you wish our trucks shifted earlier not at 60 mph? what year and engine is his?

lol thats right a win is a win

#23 ·
His F150 is roughly an 07 with 5.4L. Don't know the gearing or the transmission ratio's, but obviously it has lower gearing off the line. Also, went across the state yesterday to a meeting in my boss's F150 with 5.4L and at 70mph his tach was at roughly 2,250 rpm, much higher than mine would be. I'd probably be around 1,700 -1,800 tops at the same speed.

#24 ·
yea i see, those 5.4's are really slow to me, im in a company truck f150, long wheel base regular cab and its got the 4.6 and dam that son of a ***** goes when i hit it at 65!!! hahah but dont tell my boss :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.