Votes: 140 50.9%
  • there all good

Votes: 43 15.6%

What is your favorite ram generation?

11K views 69 replies 64 participants last post by  therocknj 
#1 ·
what is your favorite ram generation? i think there all good in there own way

#2 ·
:smileup:My favorite is the generation3. Not because i own one...........i just like the styling.:smileup:

#3 ·
i think they all have something good in there own way but since im on my second third generation thats my "favorite" my second generation was a good truck but it was so old you really couldnt rate all rams on that, as for the fourth generation there nice but just dont have the feel of driving a truck they feel like cars (no offense to anyone) although that larger hemi is nice and i have never been in a first generation ram

#5 ·
there nice trucks i had one but it was old so i really couldnt rate it that well

#10 ·
Dodge never made an ugly truck. I learned to drive on a 1942 WC Dodge , a heck of a truck. The early Dodge COE trucks are awesome. A friend of mine has a street driven 1956 Ram with a 413 that he tears up the local drag strip with, it's a beautiful truck. Unlike the Dodge cars that had quite a few ugly years, the Rams, to me have always been the best trucks, looks and dependability. Also the Powerwagons, nice. And the new 2010 1 ton duallie, swingggg.

#11 ·
Well I picked 4th gen cause they are my favourite however I fell in love with Dodge back when the 2nd Gen came out, then have lusted over them as they just kept getting better and better. IMO they are (2nd thru 4th gens) the best truck on the market, end of story period!

#12 ·
I almost bought a 3rd gen but did not really like the interior. The 4th gen is the reason I bought one, especially the cantered front grill and the awesome interior in my sport. So for that reason the 4th gen is my favourite however I do think they are all great trucks.

#13 ·
I honestly never cared for the Looks of the Ram until the 4th gen.

#14 ·
I have to say I love Ram. My father owns a 1st gen :eek:ld:and I have to say that thing is a beast.:poopstorm: One awesome tank of a truck. 1st and 3rd gen are my favorites. I like the 3rd for its styling and I think it just feels more like a truck in comparison to the newer gens....no offense.:gun: Big strong and reliable unless your a young one who likes to play too much then get out your wallet cause its gonna be a bumpy ride.:inv:

#17 ·
well i actually was more of a Ford/ Chevy guy until recently... yea yea i know weird but i love different things about both of them... now back to Dodge, i always liked the 2nd generation looks, 3rd gen came out and it was ok i saw some cool one but not really my style... when i got my dodge i started to love the looks especially because its the only pre runner ram ive seen, ever... last week i saw the 4th gen ram with the Mopar Ram-Runner kit and OMG i fell in love I have to find a way to get one... I was jealous of my Cousin and her brand new Raptor... if i can get the ram-runner tho I'll go put her truck to shame. hell I'll do it with mine after i drop a put some more time and money into it.
my phone 043.jpg

Attachments

#20 ·
had a 85,97,2008and just bought a new 2011. Only the 85 model ever gave me any trouble. The 97 is still being driven by one of my employees. Only a total of $750.00 in repairs over ten years of ownership ( it was my wife's daily driver) has 98,000 on it. My 2008 was good for the 4 years I had it traded it with 77,560 and not even a brake job. What a truck !!! My new 2011 SWEEEET !!!!

#23 ·
The 2nd gens are the ones I fell in love with first. Use to hate any of the newer gens but I over the years they have grown on me and now like them as well and would be proud to drive any of them.

Not only do I love the looks and features of the 2nd gens but I want to eventually trade up my half ton and get a cummins. And in my state of CA you don't have to smog any diesel vehicle that was produced prior to 1998 :smileup:

#24 ·
As far as Rams go, 2nd gen. all the way. The only complaint I have with them appearance wise is the odd plastic on the bottom of the tailgates on non-sports and I think they could have done better on the taillights.

My favorite Dodge trucks are the 1972-1980 trucks. The sheetmetal looks so much better than the redesign of 1981 when they started calling them Rams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.