DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Uconnect 5.0"

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jarhead57 
#1 ·
So my first issue popped up. The radio screen on my Uconnect 5.0" did not turn on after leaving work. The radio worked for the most part. Turned on and off but only the volume worked and it was stuck on the last radio station I was listening to.

I called the dealer and the solution, wait for it. Yes unplug it! Well, disconnect the ground to reset it. Low and behold it worked. Anyone else had this issue? I have had the truck a month and a half.

#2 ·
Not the same, but an interesting situation.
SXM channel 3247, which doesn't exist, yet it was playing The Highway. All the screen showed was channel 3247. Changed to FM and back, the same thing. Browse XM, all genres empty. All presets empty. Manually rotate the tuner, still The Highway.
After work I started the truck and everything was back to normal. No idea.

#3 ·
So my first issue popped up. The radio screen on my Uconnect 5.0" did not turn on after leaving work. The radio worked for the most part. Turned on and off but only the volume worked and it was stuck on the last radio station I was listening to.

I called the dealer and the solution, wait for it. Yes unplug it! Well, disconnect the ground to reset it. Low and behold it worked. Anyone else had this issue? I have had the truck a month and a half.
I had the EXACT same thing happen. Drove from work, no screen and only the last station it was on would play, stopped at walmart, and when I came out, it was fine and I haven't had any trouble since.:4-dontknow:

#4 ·
I had the exact same issue with my 3.0 radio. It was like that all day, running errands and whatnot. I stopped by the dealer to make an appointment to have it looked at and literally as I got back in my truck to leave the dealer it started working, and has never done it since.

#5 ·
Same here with the strange channel, went away next time I used the radio and has never happened again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.