DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lots of pressure on the R/T!!!

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  RT RAM 
#1 ·
Alright guys I have a few guys at School wanting to take my r/t on for a little street drag (safe deserted roads). Vehicles are: 2008 BMW 750i, unknown year stock Infiniti g37, i want to say 1979 dodge 100 as much as i could tell it was cammed, headers, 4barrel Holley carb and cai and 3.73 gears. I think all the races should be very good, but hell I want to come out as the winner! By the way the beamer has a high 5 second 0-60 as well as the g37. Im not gonna race them up to triple digits so no worries about hitting the 105mph bitch and getting shut out. What's some good ideas for beating these guys? I have minimal funds so simple mods are what I'm working with. And I will post the results in the kills section!!

#2 ·
Well I'm not sure you'd be able to take Bimmer bud. Maybe the Dodge 100 though. 7 series Bimmer's pull really hard and their gear ratio's are a lot more user friendly lol You might be able to take tha The R/T's 0-60 is around 6-7 seconds depending on traction. G37, pretty sure if you get the traction right and launch first you might be able to squeeze it out. Simple mods like an upgraded exhaust can be had for about $400 and a Vararam Intake for a few hundred as well. Overall will help you open up some extra power and throttle response. Since you have an 11+ there's no tuner available so there's only so much you can do. You really don't have to worry about gears since you have the 4.10's and an LSD, maybe look into an upgraded torque converter to help you launch harder.

#3 ·
are you 2wd or 4wd? what wheel setup do you have? how about gearing? without mods you will be hard pressed to take any of them..maybe the truck...any mods on your truck now?

#5 ·
I have a flow master muffler. My truck is the rt so its has 2wd and 4.10 gears. I know the race with the BMW will be tough but a g37 stock should be good but I really think I will win, I've messed around with one before at a few stop lights. The vehicle I did not now about was the truck because it's pretty modified sounding. I looked under the hood and he told me the gears.

#8 ·
Here's my suggestion, put a 100 shot on her! Try to do a stealthy set up, I hide my bottle under the rear seat, you may be able to hide behind the front seat. I'd try to hide solenoids in a place where they are out of sight. Hemis love nitrous, a 100 shot will kick her in the butt. My 05 QC 4X4 weighs 6,000 lbs and has the old 345 hp hemi, but still has run a 9.1 sec eighth mile with a sidewinder cam. Ran a 14.2 before cam in the quarter mile. Remove the spare tire. If you have 20's, you might play with tire pressure. My 4x4 only spins a bit at the dragstrip because they spray VHT and traction is excellent. If you have a local strip, go practice till you nail the launch and get consistent 60' times. Once you learn how to nail it, invite your buddies to the track. Low ET buys lunch! Don't tell anyone about the nitrous, tech inspections at ETown, NEDW, and my local track, Winterport Dragway, have never found mine! You will have better luck at an eighth mile track, as the sleeker cars will have less wind resistance at the end of a quarter mile.

#12 ·
as you stand now..yes :) , them flows don't help..sound only mod and people get swayed to get them because alot of people got them because they sound good..didn't ask the question about performance... but like said above, gotta start somewhere...

#14 ·
freddie and his vids. lol. makes me happy every time.

back on subject... flows help zero! may even hurt a hair. If it were me the mods I would do would be a vararam, y pipe, anything but the flowmaster, and find some crappy 17s with some drag radials on them to throw on when you know they want a piece. 275/40/17s would turn your 4.10s into somewhere around 4.88s and kick major arse! You can shop around and find used vararams for 300, the y pipe is cheap but install isn't so I'd say 150-200 total depending on what the shop charged, magnaflow muffler and install can be done for 200. drag radials run about 200 a tire. you could find some used 17s somewhere and just replace the back two tires with drag radials. won't look all that smokin, but will make a big difference in rotational weight and effective gear ratio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.