DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011 Ram Alarm install issues!!!

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Upstater 
#1 ·
Sooo.... My Ram has power locks, windows ect but no factory keyless entry, alarm. Some dirty mother ****er has broken into my truck TWICE now in the past month. Finally broke down a bought an alarm/remote starter. It's an Autopage RS730. $160 off ebay (brand new!). Yes I've searched all over the place for info... I hate asking for help.. would rather figure it out myself. I found some info at http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/year.pdf as well as various forums and the alarm install manual. I'm stumped... I can't find any wiring diagrams for the 2011... I've been using some 2009 stuff and even that, the schematics arent very good because they dont have a large blow up of the full systems of the vehicle. Here are my issues:

- Remote start is a nightmare... Given up on it because the ignition is a wireless ignition and will be to hard i think to bypass and figure out.

- Trying to get the parking lights to flash when the alarm is armed/disarmed. Wired the input from the alarm to the wire for the lights that's directly behind the headlight knob. Lights won't flash... spent about an hour trouble shooting and trying to figure that out.

- The dome light... Cannot for the life of me find the wire that goes to the dome light. I only have ONE dome light right in the center of my head liner. Spent sooo much time trying to find a pin-out of the connector that has the dome light in it.

- The MOST important thing I'd like to actually get working... keyless entry. I found a pin-out and the connector location of the wires coming from the drivers door. I tested the wires before i connected them. Unlock fired a 5v pulse and lock fired a 11v pulse. I connected to what wires should be for the lock and the unlock. The alarm arms/disarms but the locks don't even try to move (no noise from locks). Maybe I'm not understanding how the door lock system works? I'm stumped.

ANY info would be a huge help... once again, i've been using
http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/year.pdf
as the web site for all of my electrical info. I own a 2011 ram 1500, quadcab... But have been forced to use the 2009 year electrical data because 2010/2011 electrical data isnt available.

THANKS!!!!!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.