Which set of wheels to get?

Votes: 3 9.4%

Votes: 2 6.3%

Votes: 12 37.5%

Votes: 15 46.9%

Opinions on new wheel decision?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  mrfblack08laramie 
#1 ·
I've been looking at new wheels recently. Took me awhile, but I finally got it down to these 4 choices. Gonna pick them up as a Christmas gift for myself so I've got a bit of time before taking the plunge. Just looking for some opinions :)

Josh

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I think #4 it has subtle chrome accents. Just my .02

#5 ·
My two cents...

I am also in the process of deciding on my own rim & tire upgrade. I will give you my opinion, taking a chance that I will be jumped-on by others who may not play nice with other opinions... :box:
I am leaning towards your #3 and a few others not in your picks.
Here's my reasoning: I feel wheels with more (thinner) spokes and fine lines conveys more of a racing/stylish type feel, which is fine if that's what your goal is. I'll insert the classic Seinfeld quote "Not that there's anything wrong with that".
I believe thicker and fewer spokes with a more rugged styling fits a rugged truck. Most of my picks are the 5 spoke design for that reason. I just like the way it looks - not too busy or flashy and a more "I'll get the job done" feel.

Not sure if my reasoning makes any sense, but I thought I'd share what goes on in my crazy head...

Here are my other choices... Good luck and let us know what you choose.

Attachments

#7 ·
I am also in the process of deciding on my own rim & tire upgrade. I will give you my opinion, taking a chance that I will be jumped-on by others who may not play nice with other opinions... :box:
I am leaning towards your #3 and a few others not in your picks.
Here's my reasoning: I feel wheels with more (thinner) spokes and fine lines conveys more of a racing/stylish type feel, which is fine if that's what your goal is. I'll insert the classic Seinfeld quote "Not that there's anything wrong with that".
I believe thicker and fewer spokes with a more rugged styling fits a rugged truck. Most of my picks are the 5 spoke design for that reason. I just like the way it looks - not too busy or flashy and a more "I'll get the job done" feel.

Not sure if my reasoning makes any sense, but I thought I'd share what goes on in my crazy head...

Here are my other choices... Good luck and let us know what you choose.
Good input, I'm with you on that. I have a 2wd so your 2 choices... I don't think would be good on my truck plus I have quite a bit of chrome. I do like your 2 choices, more so the 2nd.
What you have said was exactly what I was referring to. :smileup:

#6 ·
@IBEW3: thanks for your input man, that's why I posted this thread. I have a 2014 1500 with the black express package so I've already got the plain black 5 spoke wheels. Just doesn't fit my taste honestly. I'm looking to add some more "flair" to them. Just a hint of chrome/stainless steel, not much. I do agree that the fewer spokes speaks to a more rugged look, but personally I need more.

Thanks for chiming in though, I appreciate it

Josh

#8 ·
# 3 for me..............

#9 ·
#3 would look sick on your black express! Imo

#10 ·
#2 or #3.

As for #1, I stay away from rims that have "knuckle busters" as in you bruise your hands trying to wash the small spaces in a rim.
#4 I just don't like the design nor the name on the center cap as big as it is.

#12 ·
They are all pretty sweet, and good choices. I like 3, but on a black truck I would say 4. I personally agree with what was said earlier, I like beefy 5 spokes myself. I have a set of chrome Structure SA50 's, 6 spoke, and they just seem like they don't look as good as my 5 spoke stockers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.