DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Need info on Boss wheels

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  moparluvr 
#1 ·
Sorry up front if this is long winded but I'm looking at dropping 3k and I don't want the wife ticked off. I did post this question in the lowered suspension section but the question is about the wheels so I moved it here.
Currently in the planing stage of drop kit with wheels and have a few questions. I want an old school look and have been looking for a torque thruster style wheel. When I would find something I liked, bolt pattern, offset, backspace, discontinued or a combo of these prevented me from pulling the trigger. Last night I found some wheels that should work, One I like the other is what I want.
They are the Boss 335's and 338's

The 335's are the ones I like, come in 20's and 22's, Black center or Chrome
20x8.5 - w/25mm offset - 5.67 backspace - 2100lb load rating - 34lb weight
22x9.0 - w/20mm offset - 5.75 backspace - 2100lb load rating - ??lb weight
The 338's are the ones I want but only come 22's, Gray center,:smileup: Black center or Chrome
22x9.5 - w/14mm offset - 5.73 backspace - 1580lb load rating - 40lb weight
I'm not asking about the offset or backspacing, There close and should keep everything at the fenders edge. My question about the wheels are mostly about the load rating and the brand. Had a local tire shop tell me not to use any wheel rated under 2000lb as the wheel would end up cracking, Has anyone else heard this or able to shed some light? I know the GVRW is 6000lbs and the 338's hit 6300lbs so 8400lb for the 335's feel like overkill unless I was putting mudders on them and going stump jumping.
As for the drop kit, going to go with the McGaughy deluxe 2/4 kit and I have read someplace that I could have issue running the 17" wheels with this kit. If true then I just have to wait till after I get new wheels.
And I'm sure someone will ask about what I would put on the wheels,
If 20's - 285/50/20 Proxes ST II
If 22's - 305/45/22 Proxes ST II

See less See more
#2 ·
WOW :SHOCKED:
You have certainly done your home work ;)

I hope someone with knowledge of the Boss line chimes in soon :smileup:

P.S. Happy Husband = Happy Wife !

Good Luck, I'll be interested in your choice and why :thk:

#3 ·
I'm running the 338- 22's- Love the look, the ride, I did my homework like you and am totally happy with the results. see my signature line for the setup. go to my album for a few pics.
Never heard anything about max load rating. Good luck!

#4 ·
Thanks for the feedback Spoiler. Seeing the 338's on a QC tell me the load rating is not going to pose a issue for the way I use my truck. How do the Proxes handle in crappy weather?

WOW :SHOCKED:
You have certainly done your home work ;)

I hope someone with knowledge of the Boss line chimes in soon :smileup:

P.S. Happy Husband = Happy Wife !

Good Luck, I'll be interested in your choice and why :thk:
Got a call today from my LTS letting me know the chrome ones are in stock and the black center are 60 to 90 days out. The forgot to ask about the gray ones as they thought I wanted the black because of the picture I showed them. Found the part number of the gray ones and will be going that route.

Now to photoshop this to look like my truck to use as the background of my head unit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.