DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How to get that STANCED look

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mattyp23 
#1 · (Edited)
Whats up guys..

So I just joined the RAM fam and I have a question on the best way to get my wheels to poke out a little. I currently got 34x10.8x20 tires on my Rockstar XD rims. I want my set up to poke out of the wheel well. Truck has a 3" lift already. If I get 1.5" wheel adapters, will that get me that? Are wheel adapters safe to run? And can I run 35x12.5x20 tires on my rims or do I need rims that are already 20x12.5? This shit is confusing to me. I attached some pics so you can see what I'm working with. Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Cheapest way are spacers, but the best/safest way are new rims. I don't know older Rams, but newer ones with a level can easily run 35X12.5R20's. You'll want a negative offset if you choose to get new rims. The minimum negative offset you'll want is -12 the more negative the further the wheels will stick out. Also watch some states have laws against how much wheels can stick out of the wheel well.

#4 · (Edited)
I had an 06 ram similar to yours but only had a 1.5" level kit and my 33x12.5 werent close to rubbing. I had wheel spacers on my 13' for a while until i could save up for actual wheel and tire combo deal and you will notice a difference in steering with spacers. it will put a little more leverage on your wheel hub so youll notice it. however with negative offset wheels will also feel that way but if you go wider than the wheel you had the spacer on it usually balances out and it will feel more like stock ride. For stance you do want a zero-negative offset which makes the mounting surface move towards the inside of your truck/wheel which in turn pushes the outter lip of the wheel out/away from truck. Look through some of my pics and you can see some difference in stock vs 1.5 wheel spacer vs -19 offset. Also, you do not need a wheel as wide as the tire. for 12.5 wide tire i believe a 10.5-11 in wide wheel is recommended but just look at specs for the tire you want and it will tell you everything you need to know on recommended wheel size for their tire. :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.