DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Mega Cab Rims

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ShiftJockey 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 1500 Mega Cab, completely stock. I'm thinking about upgrading the rims and tires. Can anyone recommend a rim upgrade,? Ideally I would like to go up a few sizes without modifying the body or suspension, and I'm unsure how big I can go without those modifications. I appreciate any help or insight. I'm also curious who is the most reliable company to purchase from. Thanks for the help!!

N

#2 ·
I'd start here,
General discussion related to wheels and tires.
http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129

Try the 'Search' feature first, then poke through the posts
then post up your question and don't forget to check out
the Wheels and Body Style Combos at the top of the page ;)

Good Luck !

#3 ·
For rims, it all depends on what kind of style you want. I reconmend checking out Fuel rims, XD rims, moto metals. Those are my favourite rim brands. Now for tires, it comes down to do you want a highway tread, all terrain or a M/T tire.
For all terrain I suggest the BFG A/T ko2, or the toyo open country at2 (believe that is its name).
For M/T, I personally love my Toyo open country M/T tires. Will be for sure my next set once I need to replace them.

Now with your truck being a 1500 Megacab, it is really not a 1500 in a sense. Being a megacab will make it have a 8 lug bolt pattern, same as the 2500's. The 1500's have a 5 lug bolt pattern. Just a reminder because some stuff can get confusing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.