DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2007 Ram 1/4" Spacer Results - 2.5" Level/35X12.5 Tires

27K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  OttoVonSchlitterbahn 
#1 · (Edited)
Installed 2.5inch readylift leveling kit. Got 35x12.5r20 procomp xtreme at's. Before spacers it barely cleared upper control arm and they started to rub the sides of the upper control arm at about 90percent of a full turned wheel and at full turn they rubbed sway bar. Put on spacers and crawled under the truck while son was turning the wheels both ways and no rubbing. it comes close to the upper control arm on the sides but you can see daylight, although not much. I have stock 20's but i think they are the old 20's from 2005 or so but the backspacing i believe is the same as the newer ones.

For future searches with the question of will they fit:

a 2007 dodge ram 4x4 with a 2.5 inch level kit and 1/4 inch spacer will fit with no rubbing or cutting sporting 35x12.50r20's.:smileup:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. When it stops raining i can try to get more photos of the upper control arm and sway bar. I took the dodge on a test drive to see if there was any extra unbalance or rumble with the spacers. I could tell a slight rougher ride but it was not that noticeable. given the big more aggressive tires i dont think anyone would notice. there was only one position that the spacers would would go because they were made for 5 and 6 lug. it also appears i had plenty of thread left for the lugs but by sunday night i will check the tightness of the lugs.

#16 ·
with my 4" rancho suspension lift my Stock 05 tires come withing less then 1/2" to my control arm... if I get a 1/2 spacer will that justify the problem if I get some 35's?

on stock 20" rims

#19 ·
Great been searching for that info for a few years - my 285/60r20s are stuffed and have about a 1/4 inch before the control arms rub but they don't rub all the way locked either way. I do worry about the long term effects of spacers though - ready lift.com already suggests buying high angle cv shafts to negate the vibration and damage potential in 4w high - and I can tell you personally that its a real threat because with my readylifted ram in 4w high it vibrates like crazy when you get down on the gas - they provide a link for the high angle shafts but they are 800 a pair

#20 ·
hm.. it works on an '07.. but will it work on an '05? lol this i will haveta try.. may haveta go with a bigger spacer though since I am putting the Dick Cepek 17" DC-2's on.. well guess trial and error will make up for a new thread if it doesn't work :gy:

#22 ·
Sounds good. Does anybody have any pics of a setup like this? Im about to do the same, and was curious as to what it'll look like. Im trying to get a deal, on a set of 35x 12.50/20 M/T ATZ's, that are like new...but we'll see.

#24 ·
All I had on my 05 was a Ready Lift leveling kit (torsion keys) and I was able to get 315x70x17 BFG All Terrains mounted on Mamba M4's 17x9 on my truck, no rubbing what so ever, the 315's are basically 35's

My buddy had an 03 with the same set up and he had 37's on his daisys, mild rubbing at full turn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.