DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Magnaflow Exhaust kit

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  turk1270 
#1 ·
I know this has been widely spoken about before so please go easy on me.
I currently have the 5.7 Hemi Single exhaust and want to upgrade to either a muffler only with single pipe or full cat back kit with duals ( Upgrading to the OEM bumper with dual exhaust is out of the question do not like the way the bumper looks ) I would prefer to go with a Magnaflow system but have questions for t hose that have done this.

(1) Did you notice any fuel increase or decrease after doing this

(2) Big question is did it screw up your MDS system i do alot or highway driving and MDS come in handy on the pocket book.

(3) Which system or muffler would be best for performance increase but not to loud, The wife will start to complain if its loud in the cab also.

Basically i interested in something that will be a little bite louder than stock

If you have done this upgrade to your truck do you have a sound file that can be attached so we can listen.

Thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
G
#5 ·
I run a Magnaflow #12278, single in/dual out muffler. Not too bad in the cabin when cruising. It is a bit loud in the cab so the wife may not like it. Mine likes it. :D

The longer the muffler is, the quieter it will be. Mine is 18" long in the main case, 22" overall.

So if you want it really quiet, go with a longer case (22"?). If you want a little bit of growl, go with an 18" case.

Sorry, can't pick it for ya...exhaust tone is a very subjective choice. My wife did NOT like the Flowmaster I put on her Yukon and I switched it out for a Magnaflow and she liked that a lot better.

Good luck with your choice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.