DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Popping/Knocking In Front End THat I Can Feel

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GrahamL 
#1 ·
When I turn my wheels at a low speed or at idle, or when I break I can hear and feel a very faint popping or clunking noise that feels like it's right under my left foot. I probably wouldn't even notice it if I couldn't feel it on my foot. Also when I go over speed bumps at an angle so that one wheel hits before the other it feels like something up front is loose when it shakes side to side. I'm wondering if anybody knowledgable could give me some advice on what could be going on here. My vehicle is a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd 5.9L (The problem is not that it is engaged in 4wd). Thank you in advance!

#3 ·
Just in case anyone else is having something similar to this, here was my problem: the ball joint end of my track bar was super loose. I replaced it and now the truck is back to normal. It also tightened the steering a little and helped with the road wander problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.