DODGE RAM FORUM banner

01 Ram - Fixed Orifice Tube Location

24K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RamTech 
#1 ·
I have an a/c problem, wasn't getting any cold air, thought the problem was the compressor or lack of fluid. I have verified both are good.

My next step was to see if the orifice tube was blocked so I open my trusty haynes manual and find my expansion valve (i guess in the ram it's a fixed orifice tube...same function i imagine).

I open up the line just downstream of the condensor and voila, no fixed orifice tube. This is frustrating as this is not the first time this manual has been wrong with respect to my truck.

I have resigned to take my truck in, at the least to have it vacuume checked and recharged, but I want to change the tube first just in case it might be a simple clogged tube. But I cannot find it, anybody have any ideas?

Second, I have heard that this truck MAY have what's called a liquid line. I'm not sure what that refers to or have ever heard of it before.

Anybody able to shed some light? It would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.