DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What do you do when it's new

82K views 750 replies 42 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 · (Edited)
My build, what do you do when it's new

First I want to acknowledge people like SS4, Moparornocar, Dodgert, JetBlue, Millon9, BlueStreak, snrusnak, and BigHoss for all the info/help/and tutorials they've helped along with. And Cdnoil for making us all wait for him to finish that damn truck!! :LOL:
Let's face it there's a lot of great builds/projects out there and tons of ideas thanks to this awesome Z community.

Not a week after i got this truck I got the mod itch. So far I've added a K&N 77 Series CAI, 8000K Fog & Lo Beams, Bright White Interior LED's and Blue Cargo/Reverse LED's. Tailgate badge and stubby antenna have been color matched, and the rest of the truck was de-badged along with the black window tape being removed.

Attachments

See less See more
#688 ·
So not a whole lot on my end, work keeps me pretty damn busy out here lately. Parents are moving to Canada since my old man got a job up there so I'm house sitting for a bit. Went to a car show with some guys from our (mostly) Mopar club here in town along with another member here on the Z Justin aka RedRam24

As always had a good time, we BS'd and made fun of some arrogant ass with a Corvette. It was a nice car, supercharged with wide rear fenders. Looked good, but he was an idiot. I over hear him telling somebody how he has 6 piston calipers, which means each piston has it's own brake pad. I wanted to slap him in the back of the head. HOWEVER, when it came time for rewards and trophies, they announced the top 3 cars and he wasn't one of them and he kicked a rock like a little kid and left. Never seen anything like it lol I've been to plenty of shows and not won, but you still stay to see how everything else goes. It's called good sportsmanship ya know. Anyways out of 6 trucks there including Justin's I came home with this :D

#691 · (Edited)
Thanks Jaron! how goes the search for a new truck?
I hope that's you I'm thinking of it's been so long lol
Congrats on the win man.

Where in Canada are your parents moving?
I want to say the Saint John area in New Brunswick... but it might change Long Harbour which is way the hell out there lol

#692 ·
still waiting on the home buying process man. once that falls into line, the truck follows. close date on the house is set for June 7th.

I did find a 03 quad cab with a hemi for 7899... she's flame red. if it's there in a month, I'll have it.

there's also an 04 white quad cab, with a lift, for 12 that I like too, but Ill low ball him at 10 as it definitely needs work.

I'm liking the idea of a cheaper 3rd Gen. gives me something to rebuild and be proud of. Im intent on a rebuild. sure new would be nice, but building is half my enjoyment lol. I have quite a few tricks up my sleeves planned for whatever truck I find.

#696 ·
Ok, so after searching for this thread because it's been a while since I logged on I'm uploading a few more pics. I was messing with my LED's yet again and think I I finally got hem where I like them. But then we heard that about Andrew and his rims so you never know lol

So here's the pics, added lights to the grill, and to the top of the lights as well so they're more like Light Brows in a way.

With Sidemarkers

Sidemarkers Off

arked in the middle of a road lol

#708 ·
Lol I didn't even see that part somehow, I want to add primary and secondary LED's in the truck. Primary being things like the foot wells when the doors open. Secondary will be for car shows mainly, I want to have the AC vents on the dash back lit in Red, as well as the map pockets in the center console. Toying with the idea to do a long red bar behind the rear bench seat as well so the wall behind it would be up lighted in red (that color might change) and under the seat would be as well.

#711 ·
lol I actually don't post nearly as much as I used to, but I am still browsing through quite often...

BTW, I'm washing my truck tomorrow :) I'll post a picture of it later, it is dirtier than ever with the storms we just had come through...

#712 ·
lol Don't feel bad man I haven't washed my truck since that car show I went to. Night time hides the dirt and grime very well :D These storms have been bad though I'm glad for the break in weather another week and flooding in the area would have been a lot worse. Did you get it bad down there?

:beerchug:
To Hurricane Season

#713 ·
yeah we got a sh*t load of rain. I left for work thursday morning and it had been raining all night, our street was already starting to back up and it had standing water up to the tops of the curbs. Then on the radio they said 18-24 hour flood watch. I thought "holy crap my house will be under water by then" lol. Luckily the rain weakened and slowed constantly through the day. By evening the water levels were down. But on my way to work I drove through a lot of flooded roads, some up over the floor boards(thank you chrysler for great door seals). Not a drop got in the cab. I'll show you pictures of the sides of my truck, covered in dirty water it shows how high the water was.

And I'll definitely make any excuse to have a cold one!

#717 · (Edited)
2012 DODGE RAM HEMI 4x4

i ordered 8000k for my low beam headlights and fog lights, 8500k for my highbeam. installed 14'' magnaflow muffler, tint on headlights and fog lights, 10'' ported under seat probox rocks and custom hemi 4x4 decal on side bed and S&B CAI, 20'' black moto metal rims on 33 NittoTrail Grappers

Attachments

#720 ·
So I took a road trip to Canada this week, 4 days of driving to New Foundland and all I have to say is that this country is awesome. Nova Scotia is easily one of the most scenic places I've been in my life, and the area meets just about every Canadian stereotype you can think of including being incredibly friendly. I drove from Jacksonville Florida, up to Maine, passed through the border and all the way up through Nova Scotia until I caught a 17 hour ferry ride to New Foundland because that's where my parents currently live, and I had to delier their dogs lol That's a long ass story involving a Canadian Embargo, weird shit really. Anywho I thought I'd post up a few pictures I've taken along the way.

First Sunset crossing the Canadian Border

GW Bridge in New York City

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Argentia, New Foundland

Town of Placentia where my parents live

St. Johns, New Foundland

some shots are taken with my real camera, while others are cell phone shots. I think it's obvious which are which lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.