DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What do you do when it's new

81K views 750 replies 42 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 · (Edited)
My build, what do you do when it's new

First I want to acknowledge people like SS4, Moparornocar, Dodgert, JetBlue, Millon9, BlueStreak, snrusnak, and BigHoss for all the info/help/and tutorials they've helped along with. And Cdnoil for making us all wait for him to finish that damn truck!! :LOL:
Let's face it there's a lot of great builds/projects out there and tons of ideas thanks to this awesome Z community.

Not a week after i got this truck I got the mod itch. So far I've added a K&N 77 Series CAI, 8000K Fog & Lo Beams, Bright White Interior LED's and Blue Cargo/Reverse LED's. Tailgate badge and stubby antenna have been color matched, and the rest of the truck was de-badged along with the black window tape being removed.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Next week a custom true dual exhaust will be set up, H-Pipe, resonator delete and either dual 14" or dual 18" mufflers will be installed. 15% Tint all the way around, and clear frontblinkers are in the mail. Lastly ordered and now waiting on BT to send the engine dress up kit, catch can, and shifter as soon as they can.

Still weighing out the pro's and con's of JBA Vs. AR Headers before I decide on them, and considering swapping out the PCM for an older model '10 so I can tune and SC this beast.

#42 ·
Next week a custom true dual exhaust will be set up, H-Pipe, resonator delete and either dual 14" or dual 18" mufflers will be installed. 15% Tint all the way around, and clear frontblinkers are in the mail. Lastly ordered and now waiting on BT to send the engine dress up kit, catch can, and shifter as soon as they can.

Still weighing out the pro's and con's of JBA Vs. AR Headers before I decide on them, and considering swapping out the PCM for an older model '10 so I can tune and SC this beast.

Where did U get your interior LED's?

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks man, I had an 04 and pretty much did everything I wanted to it and now this one is just asking for it every time I look around here. My biggest thing is it's to quiet for me lol. My 04 was loud as hell and I loved it, only had the Magnum 4.7 in it but I had Pace Setter Headers and a True Dual Gibson Exhaust that just made my day, I'll link it below in case you or anyone else want to check it out.

My 2004 Ram, True Dual Exhaust,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rpOFNuCaNg&context=C36a2801ADOEgsToPDskKuB2hzijJQrHtP2NVc_Ays

Your truck looks great as well, you've definitely taken it pretty far from when you first got it, I'll be sure to keep checking that out.

#5 ·
That '04 sounds bad ass man. I can't wait for Thursday to get my Dynatech headers put on. Really can't wait for the spring time to come along so I can do my custom exhaust. I like my Flowmaster AmericanThunder don't get me wrong but then I started playing with some numbers and sketched out a rough design and showed it to my buddy. He got a huge grin on his face and said lets do it. Sticking with the Flowmasters though even with the custom exhaust lol

#8 ·
There's nothing wrong with the Flowmaster's at all, I'd go for them on this truck as well but I'm getting a really good deal on a Magnaflow setup from a buddies shop. No problem Moparornocar you have a great ride and tons of help all over the Z! The truck should look and sound a bit different in a couple of weeks if all goes as planned :D I appreciate it Kay9, it only gets better from here!

#9 ·
It's a great start to the mods, and you're doing it a hell of a lot faster than I did :LOL: I wholehartedly endorse the ARH headers, I love my set, top quality, perfect fit, and while they are on the expensive side, the quality is worth every penny. I did have a e-cutout installed right after the y-pipe so now I have a muffled exhaust or what amounts to open headers, so I have the best of both worlds when it comes to exhaust volume. You might want to have a look at it if you're worried that the magnaflow won't be loud enough for your liking.

#10 ·
Glad to hear, one thing that makes me look the other way from them is that insane price lol I've thought about how loud I want the truck to be, I know Magnaflow tends to have a quieter tone but I figured if I opted for a 14" muffler (Vs. the 24" Stock) I could get the best of both worlds. I don't mind having a loud truck I think that's the way their supposed to be, if I wanted quiet I'll get a V6 Charger :LOL:

#11 ·
Yea I agree with cdnoil.. the e-cutouts are great. Am working them into my exhaust revamp this Spring heh. Also if I had the money then this would be getting ARH's, but also could not pass up Dynatech headers for $100 ya know lol. Best thing you can do is make a checklist man and start running down through it. There again that doesn't help much either cause then ya try and get the list done soon as possible lol

#12 · (Edited)
well I worked around it and just for full on loud today, replaced that crappy pinched Y-Pipe, went with a 14" Flowmaster Super 44 and deleted the resonators. I'll post up pics and a video tomorrow. I gotta say that's a loud bad ass Hemi
There is a little drone with MDS but I just turn it off or turn the radio up :LOL: Had the windows tinted as well to 15% all the way around which seems perfect for this florida sun. LED front blinkers came in today, and the BT 2/4 Drop Kit is on it's way from Summit. It was only 3 extra bux compared to eBay, call me wierd I'm just skeptical of that site for some reason so I got a $3 piece of mind lol. Still waiting on the Billet Technologies order to show up which will probably be another 3 weeks, and the drilled StopTech rotors for all 4 corners should be in in about a week. I had a set of Baer Decela's on the old truck and loved the way they looked and performed. Considering upgrading the front stock calipers to the 4 Piston calipers from SSBC, as much as I'd love the bigger 6 Piston calipers and 18" rotors from Brembo, I don't have 5k to spare for that sort of thing. eesh.

#13 ·
Kicked the Magnaflow set out the window eh? I definitely like the sound Flowmasters give the HEMI. I have the Super44 on mine also. When I go to the exhaust revamp I will have dual Super10's though :smileup:. If you want loud and over time your truck turns out to not be loud enough (and your local police officers and neighbors don't mind :LOL:) look into them. I hadta get something on my truck cause I can't stand a quiet truck. Really can't wait for Spring time to get here. Well, Spring time and more money

#14 · (Edited)
ya i went with the Flowmaster instead, I had the Magnaflow tacked in place and just wasn't fully satisfied with it so I had my buddy get a 44 from his shop and it worked great. Didn't go to crazy with it, just did the muffler and resonator delete. I'll do a true dual set up and change the Y-Pipe when I go for headers but that's on the back burner. The 963SP kit from Belltech showed up today, I couldn't believe Summit got it here in 2 days on standard shipping. I don't have a "Rev" video just yet, but if you don't listen to the tire squeal you can here it
. I really like the smooth idle tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QboMu8OgQxM&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

#15 ·
JBA Headers are on there way! I couldn't pass up the price as much as I'd like to have the AR Headers, Auto Anything has a great deal on them the regular price was $800, with 36% off and free shipping it came down to $516 and then I had a promo code from them (email) for an additional 15% off which brought them down to only $440 :smileup: Add that to the 2/4 drop that came in and the StopTech rotors, and I'm going to have a busy week

Celebrated the new Super44 and resonator delete at the expense of Mr. Goodyear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QboMu8OgQxM&context=C36a2801ADOEgsToPDskKuB2hzijJQrHtP2NVc_Ays

#16 ·
Truck sounds good man. I have to wait til Saturday now for my headers to get installed, but I can wait.. I think. Also ordering some more parts tonight since today was pay day :smileup:. You definitely need to post some pics of the JBA's when they show up and a clip of how she sounds once the headers are in.

#17 ·
I'll definitely post of some pics up and a sound clip from inside the cab from normal drive, Eco mode and pulling on the highway. I'll be doing the headers and suspension myself so a few how-to's are on the way as well, and if rumor is right I need to make a stop by dodge and get some new head gasket's as everyone seems to agree that they're better than the ones supplied by JBA.

#22 · (Edited)
Truck is coming along great for ya man, looks nice and leveled off. Hit a snag on my headers since we didn't have all the parts we needed when we thought we did lol. So I get to wait a little more so I decided I will order some other parts to make me feel better lol. Parts I'm ordering will make mine level too, just in a different direction :smileup:

#23 ·
lol Well my rotors and headers are on delay, they were supposed to be here already but AutoAnything sent me an email saying the 27th for the headers and StopTech said in about 3 more weeks as well. So I broke out the paint and did the heat shield and front emblem. Engine cover is next but I need more paint lol I left the inside of the heat shield black for now, not sure if I really want to paint the inside of that...

Attachments

#24 ·
Looking good man. I haven't dived into my engine bay just yet because I'm not sure what color scheme I am doing with my truck yet. Was originally going to do a mossy oak theme, but now I have a completely different idea which I think is going to be the one I go for. Keep up the good work and pics :smileup: Oh and how the heck do you paint inside the ram logo without getting the actual ram painted?

#25 ·
The front emblem, the Ram head actually seperates from the shield itself. There's just a couple of tabs that hold it in place, the rear tailgate badge I had to tape the hell out of lol Just be careful when you do it, one of the brackets I had on the heat shield actually scratched it and I had to do an emergency touch up lol

#27 ·
I don't think I have that much patience lol. I am probably going to do to the rear emblem like I did with the front and black it out with Plasti-Dip. That is until I get my new grille and custom emblems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.