DODGE RAM FORUM banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 status updates - where are you?

713K views 7K replies 491 participants last post by  J5755 
#1 ·
According to my dealer I am at D1. Anyone know what exactly that means? I emailed CS on tuesday and they sent me a VIN. My order was placed 7/5 for a CC sport 2wd, no air ride.

Has anyone progressed past D1 yet?

#289 ·
My experience has been that if the price from the factory goes up before you take delivery, dealer will ALWAYS want to charge you for that difference. Expect to hear something like "it is pricing from the factory, which is totally beyond my control". That said, they will likely try to make it up to you somehow if you raise a stink - like some all weather floor mats or free oil changes or something. But absolutely go in there expecting to fight for your original price. If you say nothing, they will do nothing.

#293 ·
sometimes they leave the status as inspection when it is sent to a outside vendor to have the extras that you ordered put on
like side steps, spray in liner & such
after those options are added, it goes back to inspection for the Final check

#296 ·
For whatever reason, I keep checking VOTS and it has brought to my attention, why it's still in inspection.

The bodyside molding and W2W side steps are missing. :LOL:

BTW, I know this is my truck because unlike the prior pix, it doesn't say it's just "This image doesn't represent your specific vehicle".. Hahahahaha

#298 ·
Well the Saga continues... I called CS and they said that I had an est ship date of 9/21 but that it was still in Production scheduled.. I made the comment that it has been in production scheduled since 7/19, I was told that then it was not gate line but it still looks the same.

So from What I can tell it went into PS and has been stuck there for the last 2 months. I guess you just have to double what ever the salesman says on timing.

#299 ·
Huh? If you're not Gateline scheduled, it means your order status moved backwards. The reason is, to get a Est ship date, it has to be/had been gateline scheduled..

D1 - gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned.

This happened to me on my original '13MY order. I ordered in Jan and by May, it still wasn't built. Kept moving in and out of D1 status. I eventually ended up cancelling my order...

Now that I've re-ordered a 14MY... It got built in about 5 weeks, from the time of order, but now it's stuck in Storage to have a problem fixed before shipping... Been stuck there for just over a week now..

I'm glad that the inspection found the problem, but it should take this long to fix....

BTW, because of this delay, unless incentives kick in, it looks like I'll be paying about $800 more between the price increase, this past week and me losing the $500 rebate offer I got in the mail (expires on 9/30).

#303 ·
My TPM is replaced, but it's still stuck in inspection/hold because it now needs a tailgate kit.. I'm thinking that might be the remote tailgate lock. I've seen a few posts where people have stated that it would lock, but not unlock .... without the key.

The wait continues......

#314 ·
Woo Hoo! Went from Scheduled for Production to "Trim" today... Placed my order on 8/19.

My only concern is that I have a "Friday" or "Monday" build... by the sounds of things, I shouldn't expect to see it at the dealer for another month??

no such thing as a friday or monday build anymore....on the line, EVERY DAY might as well be Monday...as far as "today" goes....theres no such a thing...it only looks that way when the site gets updated...its not real time, might be as much as 3 days (or more) behind)....and the last few "steps" can all take place on the same day, within hours of each other, truth be known...so EXACTLY where is your vehicle...and more importantly when to expect it??? welllllllllllllllllll....................

#305 ·
Newbie help

Not sure if this is the right forum so apologies if not but a quick question from a total truck newbie....

...been offered a good deal on a V6 2013 Ram 1500 SLT. It has 4WD Lock and 4WD Low but no 4WD Auto or 4WD High.

No intention to offroad but live in Canada (Calgary) so we have some winter issues (!) and wondered if the lack of 4WD Auto/Hi is going to be an issue or whether for city driving/out to the ski hills the 2WD plus 4WD Lock if really bad would suffice

thanks so much for any feedback

Neil

#310 ·
order placed: 8/16
VIN received: 8/22
production scheduled: 8/30
beginning to build: today, 9/16 Already in trim

The config is as follows:
1500 sport
crew cab
5' 7" bed
4x4
white paint
air suspension
rambox
leather interior
Navigation (God I hope the software/hardware bugs have been worked out)
sport premium group
remote start and security group
convenience group
anti-slip rear
32 gallon tank
trailer brake control (opted out of the tow package because of the mirrors)
class IV hitch
rubber floor mats

Not sure which of these options, if any, require it to visit a supplier prior to being shipped. In any case, I expect it to get through the build phase tomorrow and into "final inspection" whatever that actually means. Then it will be back to waiting as it gets loaded onto a rail car and shipped to the dealer in St George, Utah.

Edit: also hoping for better October incentives

#312 ·
Was really bored so i quit ignoring this thread and went back a couple pages and read...blecccchhhh......reminds me of the "good ol days" whilst i was waiting...and making calls, and getting the runaround and double talk.....waaaaay backk there...like las month? eventually, hopefully, y'all will get yer toys, and by then there'll be 198,345 posts in here....heheheheheh

#316 ·
Noticed yesterday on VOTS that the Trailer Brake Controller wasn't listed as one of my options.
I let my Dealer know and she says she noticed it right away (she didn't add it) and sent in a correction. In general, when should I see the added option show up?

lol I have a feeling the truck will be arriving without the control :doh:

#317 · (Edited)
Noticed yesterday on VOTS that the Trailer Brake Controller wasn't listed as one of my options.
I let my Dealer know and she says she noticed it right away (she didn't add it) and sent in a correction. In general, when should I see the added option show up?

lol I have a feeling the truck will be arriving without the control :doh:
That was pretty dumb on the part of the dealer...the VOTS screen is NOT an accurate representation of whats in the vehicle...you (and she) need an actual build sheet...just fill in the blanks...snail mail may take a few weeks, email can be a matter of a day or two...from personal (and reported) experience...

btw...what does "she didnt add it mean"...since when can you "add" something to a VOTS page????

http://www.dodge.com/wccsapp/universal/D/index.jsp?appStr=wccs&titleStr=Contact+Dodge&familyStr=brand&franchise=D&actionURL=%2Fwccs%2Fbrand_forms%2Fus%2Fwebform.jsp&promotion=null&category=U

this is what happens when a thread gets THIS long...its actually funny...but then...I got my truck....hmmmmm

#320 ·
I would strongly adivse everyone to get your build sheet and go over it with a fine tooth comb. The factory accidentaly ommitted the air suspension from mine even though it was clearly on the order sheet and I had to start over. Seeing the ommission on the build sheet saved me a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.