• Current Wheels, Leave it the hell alone

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Wheel 2

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Wheel 3

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Wheel 4

Votes: 13 33.3%

Need Help Picking New Wheels (pics inside)

3K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  Ruffian11 
#1 ·
So here's the story I bought this truck a couple months ago and I'm loving it but not really digging the wheels. It still had the stock wheels on it at the dealership and I mentioned hating them so they threw these wheels in for free which was cool of them but their not my style. They've got about 800 miles on them now and the place that put them on said they would give me back $400 for them which means I'd have to come up with a couple hundred bucks to get the ones I want I just can't decide which ones I want lol. The first couple pics are going to be how my truck sits now other than my windows are now blacked out and pics 3-5 are the new wheels which are all within a few dollars of each other.

Option #1

Option #2

Option #3

Option #4

See less See more
#6 ·
Ya #4 are the ones I seen in person at the tire shop and the ones that got me thinking about trying to trade the current ones out. They actually look even better in person too. I haven't seen #2 in person but I think they would also look pretty good. Seems like most are liking #4 though which is helping me make up mind especially since those are the ones I liked in the first place. 20 people have viewed this and only a few have voted come on people help me out here lol.

#9 ·
Iam liking number 2 and number 4.Hope this helps.:smileup:

#10 ·
I think with a nice lift and bigger tires, the ones you have already would look great

#11 ·
Ya I agree but I don't plan on lifting it I need this truck for work so it has to stay practical and dependable. I do plan on leveling the front out and putting 35's on it though. Part of the problem with the current wheels is the backspacing makes them stick out quite a ways from the fenders already and even with a leveling kit I think 35's might rub. Even with these 33's at full lock there's only about an inch of clearance between the tire and the fender. The black wheels have .25" less backspacing and are a 17x8 instead of the 17x9's that are on there now. Thanks for all the ideas though everybody I think I'm going to have to stew on this one for a while maybe try and find pics of other white trucks with black rims. I don't want to go any bigger than a 17" rim either due to price of tires skyrocketing from 18" on up lol.

#12 ·
wheel number 1 for me!

#14 ·
I don't know how you do it but that's pretty cool man thank you def gives me a better idea of how they would all look. The first one looks to plain all blacked out I think maybe if they were more of a satin black would be better. The wheels in the second picture look to flashy to me which is what I was afraid of of. The 3rd one is ok but i'm not really feeling it but the wheels in the last picture look pretty awesome and i think would look great on the truck. They seem like they have the right amount of black & polished aluminum. Hmmm at least I got some time to think about it the new exhaust is getting installed on Friday then I wont have the dough till next payday so I got a couple weeks to debate. Thanks again for doing that for me man pretty damn cool.

Jake

#21 ·
Wow 2 has gotten a lot more votes than I thought they would lol. Well thanks for everybodies opinions it helps. I over think things and it's hard to ever make up my mind lol. I'm still kinda leaning towards 4 but when I go back to the tire shop they'll let me hold the different wheels up to my truck and they'll even mount them up so I'll know for sure which ones I like. I'm gonna wait a couple weeks though see if I'm still not satisfied with the wheels I got. They just seem too plain like something an old man might pick out haha jk. :)

#22 ·
Ok Les Schwabs is ordering both wheel 2 and 4 in so they can mount both on my truck and I can make my decision should be here a week from today. God I love their customer service it's unbelievable. When I was in the military I never could find anybody even close to their level of customer service. I'm sure any of you guys on the west coast know what i'm talking about lol.

#24 ·
I'm tryin to think ahead too though and those tires are going away once I get a leveling kit with 35's :). These wheels are only 2 months old and are already starting to get some pits in the polish from the salty air down here and I don't like to clean wheels every other day lol. Plus the offset is to much and even with a leveling kit 35's would rub a little bit. We'll see when the new ones come in and if I change my mind nothing is paid for yet I don't have to keep the ones they are ordering in which is nice.

G
#26 ·
Truly, Les Schwab stores are great. I had my truck into one this past week to road force balance the LT325's and 18" wheels. They took care of a severe balance issue at practically no cost to me.

Now, are those wheels on yet??? ;)

#27 ·
No they wont come in until this coming Friday so gives me some time to think but I'm pretty sure I'm going with #4. My aero turbine muffler came in on Friday at like 7 at night stupid ass fed ex or it would be on right now. Fed ex usually comes around 10 a.m. so I made the appointment for 3 and of course the one day I got something coming they don't show up till 7 I was so irritated!! Hopefully I can get it put on tomorrow though. I'm so freaking hung over this laptop screen is killing my eyes!!!!!

I really like your truck alot MADDOG and I want 18" wheels but I priced tires for 17 and 18's and the 18's are on average $50 more per tire than the 17's and I dont think I wanna pay $200 more every time I need tires. What can I say I'm kind of a cheap SOB lol.

#28 ·
I would stick with the rims you got. If you do plan on buying rims I would consider these. I'm about to buy a set. They are the Moto Metal 951's. Chrome. You can get them pretty cheap off of Rimsntires.com Hope you like my choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.